Metal songs and their atmospheres

MetalHeadMarc said:
Nocturnal son, your a fucking metal dork.

it's Nocturnal SUN, bitch get it right :yell:

Fuck yea I'm a metal dork if thats what u call it. Dude metal wasn't made by bored miserable whackoffs wanting to make a different type of music. They had to have some kind of idea in mind of what kind of things they wanna show in that music. Imagery/hidden meanings/atmosphere stuff in songs is hella cool bcuz it gets u thinkin... If u can't see that, ur not listening enough dude. Download a fucking music video, those tell what the artist is trying 2 tell most of the time.

In Flames - Moonshield : for some reason some kind of cult all circled round something, like worshiping it (fuck know's why)

Katatonia - I Am Nothing : someone trying there damdest to ignore someone, proberbly a women who has hurt them or something

can't think of any more right now

None of the Immortal videos I have downloaded were live recordings, so they DO COUNT. Music videos aren't made simply because the band is more commercialized. They are meant to give their fans a glimpse of what they had in mind when making the song, most of the time. If they're just the band playing a song and they happened to have a professional film crew on hand (not a live performance, though), then the music video is to show what people who can't/don't go to their live gigs are missing out on. Most of the time...

dude, do you have two of the same video then? Immortal HAD to make those videos, it was in their contract at the time. but most bands dont have videos, do you see a Mayhem video or Burzum video anywhere? what about Darkthrone? i doubt it. most live videos are fan made, just look at all the Immortal videos from their performance in Germany

yeah which is why the videos are so shitty. i mean if htye really wanted to do a video they could do some really creative shit, not standing on a mountain top with instruments, or like in Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms where Abbath is being reflected from the ice and theyre on top of a mountain with instruments + Hellhammer on drums looking very pimp