Metal - you're guilty pleasures

Not really trying to hide anything, but very few of my friends understand why I like stuff like Sarah Brightman, Bellatrix, and Grandaddy...

Hey, MyHatred - you ever listen to John Zorn's project Naked City? They were out of their fucking minds! Rock to light jazz to grindcore - often in the same song. Their self-titled release is still one of my favorites. (Their other albums are harder to find - on smaller labels.)

Totally agree with you on George Benson as well - one of the greatest jazz guitarists out there. There's a high school kid on a small Illinois label, named Isaiah Sharkey, who's very much in the Benson vein in his playing. He did a solo when I interviewed him at the station that was totally improvised - almost had me in tears, it was so beautiful. If there's any justice in the world, that kid is going to be a mega-star.

I'm a Zorn freak:headbang: I have Bladerunner(Zorn, Lombardo, Frith, Laswell) Masada Three String Trio, Naked City, Bar Kokhba, Massacre, ZornWeissCain, and Electric Masada all on dvd. The Massada String Trio is some amazing stuff to see done live. I don't know how familiar you are with Bill Laswell, but he does a bunch of stuff with Zorn and I have a REALLY kick ass show with him at the PBS studios in Chicago...I may have to go to my buddies next weekend and burn you a copy since you have hooked me up quite a few times...I'm sure you would really dig it.

I'd appreciate that - many thanks! Let me know whenever you get it, and I'll PM you my address.

Oh, I have it already....I've just been a trading machine the last couple of weeks and can't do it this weekend because I have 17 dvds to do this weekend:ill: :lol: I should be able to burn you some stuff next weekend. I have a sweet pro shot Naked City and Bill Laswell dvd that I will send your way.

Fun fact...Bill Laswell used to live in Lansing and my buddy used to repair his bass for him.

The Cure
Prince - purple rain only. Great guitar work.
Nine Inch Nails
Nobuo Uematsu (video game soundtrack composer; I am such a fucking nerd)

I like Johnny Cash, Sheryl Crow, Rodney Crowell, Willie Nelson, The Doors, Garbage, Helix, Kick Axe, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Goatlord, the Shirelles, classical music, No Doubt, Miranda Lambert, Gordon Lightfoot, Jimmy Buffett, and the Beatles, George, John, Paul, Ringo anything that is original!!!!!

Genres change, tastes change. Good music knows no bounds!!! Metal is great but a lot of good stuff is outside the genre!! Just appreciate it for what it is, and MOSH HARD!!!