Metalcore...! (5150+Krank, Pearl Drums..)

kicks a bit loud, snare sounds like it's not in the same "space" as the rest of the kit... that's it, sounds good to me otherwise.

Agree that the kick is a bit loud. Even with the updated link it still seems to 'pop out' of the mix a bit too much. The guitars for me are a bit cloudy in the lower mids. Perhaps around 400 to 600Hz or so. I'd cut there to let the rest of the mix breathe a bit more. The snare isn't really to my personal liking. Sounds a little on the muddy side. Maybe some low mid cuts, some more punch with a compressor, blend with a different sample etc. It doesn't seem to cut quite enough in the right region, I don't know whether that's because the guitars are obscuring it or because it just isn't punching and snapping enough.

Apart from that it's coming along to be a solid mix, mate. Nice work :)

Agree that the kick is a bit loud. Even with the updated link it still seems to 'pop out' of the mix a bit too much. The guitars for me are a bit cloudy in the lower mids. Perhaps around 400 to 600Hz or so. I'd cut there to let the rest of the mix breathe a bit more. The snare isn't really to my personal liking. Sounds a little on the muddy side. Maybe some low mid cuts, some more punch with a compressor, blend with a different sample etc. It doesn't seem to cut quite enough in the right region, I don't know whether that's because the guitars are obscuring it or because it just isn't punching and snapping enough.

Apart from that it's coming along to be a solid mix, mate. Nice work :)

yeah..not that easy, the guitars are playing riffs that haven't much to do with each other and create a lowmid mud, I tried cutting some low mids but that just took away thrust without clearing it up.
I'm actually really liking the snare (that's why I didn't use a sample (other than the kit's own))....

the reference given was Devildriver and All That Remains, so I think the band really wants loud kickdrums...might be too loud though, you're right, I'll wait what the band says.
If the band doesn't like the snare I'll boost some 5-7k or might even add a snappy sample

I think the snare sounds pretty nice, just some more punch and that distinctive snap that makes it pop out more and it's perfect to my tastes. Have to agree on the guitars, though. I can't quite point out what exactly it is that bothers me about them, but they do sound a bit cloudy and not defined enough. That's just my personal taste, tho' :)

My only problem with the mix stems from performances - they're night ultra tight, which makes the entire mix sound less defined, you know? Otherwise, great job! I can tell you probably made this band sound better than they really are.

haha, the vocalist sounds so german in the chorus ;)

I like loud kickdrums and really dig the overall drumsound! guitars could be tighter! double or quadtracked?

I don't think it's clipping too much. Sounds okay through my monitors.

haha, the vocalist sounds so german in the chorus ;)

I like loud kickdrums and really dig the overall drumsound! guitars could be tighter! double or quadtracked?

I don't think it's clipping too much. Sounds okay through my monitors.

4-tracked.

yep, problem is that the riffs the guitarists play in the verses don't really fit together....but they wanted them there ;)

when recording the full-length next year we'll be fixing stuff like that in prepro.

you know the band by the way ;)

(ihr spielt im Dezember zusammen mit denen)

The snare has a little bit too much of the machine gun effect for my liking. Seems like he is not very good in doing his job behind the drums...:heh:

Why didn´t you let them play only 2 guitar tracks when they can´t play? It helps to get the sound clearer....if intended.

4-tracked.

yep, problem is that the riffs the guitarists play in the verses don't really fit together....but they wanted them there ;)

when recording the full-length next year we'll be fixing stuff like that in prepro.

you know the band by the way ;)

(ihr spielt im Dezember zusammen mit denen)

And I was wondering why we are in their friendslist :-D