Metalcore Mix I'm fighting with. (krank, 6505)

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
I'm fucking deaf...been working on this band for far too long and can't judge shit anymore.
anyways...lend me your ears, tell me what you think about this (not the music, I'm just talking about the mix)

I was aiming for some AILD, Chimaira style mix obviously....

metalcore mix

i think the snare is a tiiiiiny bit too loud/up front

and shit seems to fight each other a little but that's ALL thats not perfect about this :)

Seems as the drums are pumping. Or maybe it's the whole mix.
The kick could come down a little as you said.
Maybe some more reverb on the drums? Seems a little dry now, atleast for my taste.
Otherwise it sounds pretty good!

to me this lacks bass (talking 120hz here).
maybe its cool for the genre, but to my ears thats the region that makes music come alive, and im missing this here somehow.
but otherwise its really clear, and thats also a great thing. mix/guitars are pumping in an unnatural way here and there.
but maybe im deaf for today, haha, just returned from a mixing marathone.
edit : on small speakers with a sub it sounds pretty good.

to me this lacks bass (talking 120hz here).
maybe its cool for the genre, but to my ears thats the region that makes music come alive, and im missing this here somehow.
but otherwise its really clear, and thats also a great thing. mix/guitars are pumping in an unnatural way here and there.
but maybe im deaf for today, haha, just returned from a mixing marathone.
edit : on small speakers with a sub it sounds pretty good.

yeah, it does pump a little, comes from the quick rough-astering.
I turned down the bass a tiny bit in the later version...gonna undo that on monday when I'm back...I'll also take care of the slight pumping then.

Great mix. I just have to agree with crillemannen. I'm having a second listen on my laptop speakers (I do a lot of listening on these as they actually reveal A LOT (my own boombox haha) and I can CLEARLY hear the snare getting chocked with compression, it's just a "splat". The rest sounds SPOT ON though!

Actually your first mix ever I don't really dig.. I don't like the snare at all, somehow.
Just listened to your "Re De Vour" roughmix and the snare is so freakin nice on that one. But this time it's just some short, dull and pumping sound.