Metalcore Mix I'm fighting with. (krank, 6505)

For me the biggest thing letting it down is by far the guitar tone. You've done great with the drums and vox IMO. Snare does pop a bit, but it could be brought down in mastering. The guitars are what's creating that cloud in the mix, making everything else sound congested.

Maybe the depth of the low-end is a little lacking overall, but that's it.

One of the most awesome kicks I've ever heared, really love it!
guitars sound cool too, altough maybe too "big", and the fizz is a bit distracting
not too much love for the toms & snare here though Edit: scratch that, I also like the snare!
but the mix works for me in generall (minus the rough mastering of course)

sounds good, but vocals could come up a bit.
And Guitars are a bit too "fizzy" for my taste.
But sounds awesome nonetheless ;)

yeah, I've updated all that stuff...will upload the new version later.
I fucking HATE programmed drums :)

yeah, I do actaually like guitars, but the "dryness/buzzyness" they have is definitely specific to the player...tried several amps/cabs and that's the player, nothing that's annoying me though, it's just his style.
well...wait for the update with the fixed sare and mastering

k, link updated (link in first post).
I took off ALL the compression limiting from the master bus, now it's finalizer hard and soft clipping only, followed by clipped Apogee converters...should have taken care of most of the issues (I won't tell you what I used for the quick-master before I went back to my old finalzier method....nothing beats the finalizer)
please check again and give feedback.

Once again I dig almost everything apart from the guitars. Keep feeling that if that were cleared up the mix would improve a ton.

Snare is maybe a little strong in the 200-250hz area, if the low bump were a bit lower like 130 or 150, it might smack a little harder.

Overall great stuff though, I'm digging the drums, bass and vox.

Sounds alot better now!
But I do have to agree with Ermz on the guitars.

Really like the drums! Did you use your own samples on them or are they all natural?

Nice work!

Sounds alot better now!
But I do have to agree with Ermz on the guitars.

Really like the drums! Did you use your own samples on them or are they all natural?

Nice work!

yeah, I hear you about the guitars, but I HAD to go with a compromise there..some of the songs consist of pretty much only some stringly muted linge notes on the high strings, so I needed to get some goo/mud in there to make them gel...I'll perhaps reduce some 250Hz in the mastering to clear them up a little...we'll see.

drums are mainly my own samples with some D4 on the snare, toms are also blended with other samples (sneap or ssd, dunno, would have to look).
nothing natural on this one unfortunately

Bass is a blend of like 6 tracks...
warwick bass (passive)
core sound: SWR through ampeg 4x12, mic'd with at250 and sm57
distortion/dirt/grunge: tubescreamer into ampeg svt3 into same cab/mics.

then some multiband compression.