Metalcore / Hardware 1176, SSL etc / MY BEST WORK YET :D

crillemannen

Jun 20, 2007
www.studiohaga.net
Hi,

So this is my latest work. Got some use for my new 1176 here, bounced both bass and vox with the sucker and god im pleased. It just smooths out everything so nice. Especielly my Peluso (vocal mic) which can be a bit sharp sounding but with real hardware it sounds smooth as hell :)
I also used my SSL compressor on the drums, which i think ended up really good.
And Slate's VCC really gives the mix some depth and warmth. Used it on most of the tracks. SSL 4k on drums and Neve on guitars.

Keep in mind that this is not mastered. And sorry for the preview clip, i'll post later on when the band has released it.
Please give some feedback and i wil ltry to answer your questions ASAP

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12967127/worth_kings_preview.mp3

Cheers / Christian

Did you do the amp slaving thing you talked about in another thread? Guitars sound really fucking nice. Any info on those?

Yeah it is JSX/Mesa 2x12 which slaved a 5150 Engl 4x12. One sm57 on each cab. See if i can do what i said, and post some raw guitars so you can hear the difference :)

And thanks for the response guys!!! :headbang:

I like how it balanced except when both guitars go up the neck - the rhythm guitar sound seems too thin in those places for me. I know this is how bands want to be mixed now, but still... Sorry, just a matter of personal preferences.
I love the snare, SSL with a lot of transient designer?

first off, this mix kills.. everything is super smooth, but still has good cut.. whatever you do with the master, dont have them overcompress the crap out of the low.. drives me nuts when a powerful recording is mastered to like -9db and there is no bump to it.

second, is this band on a label? i checked your myspace and listened to another tune by them.. they seem pretty solid.

thanks for all the nice comments :)

@CENT73 I think im gonna release some of the multiband in the 250hz area, just 1-2db's. I put it on because the mix couldn't handle both the bass, kick and guitars playing the same thing :) haha . So i agree with you, especially when there are more riff based parts in the song.

And the snare is the drummers snare and 1 other sample. Compressed through my SSL hardware about 4-5db.

@DWRUMS Slaved amps= Main amp (jsx) + JSX through the slaved amp (5150) power amp section for color. Does it make sense??

Thanks guys :headbang:

Did some improvements today. Added another kick sample in there to get some more depth, and it opened up the mix a bit in good way. I always tend to get the kick" in your face" kind of sound, and it is cool and all but it also clouds the stereo image a bit. And i laid back on the C4 settings on the guitars giving them some more body.
I think the mastered version gonna be ace :)