Metalheads vs. Everyone else

Ocelot2010

Burger King Diamond
Sep 18, 2008
Washington State
I'm sure we've all heard/seen/read the stories from the 80's documenting metalheads and punks fighting each other in moshpits, and pretty much fighting each other for the number one spot in the hearts of people who say "fuck society."

Would you all say that there's still some animosity between us Metalheads and the few Punks that are left, or have we gotten over it? Because personally I've been listening to a lot of punk music lately and it kinda donned on me.

I think the main reason punks disliked metal was because when they thought of metal, they thought of crappy glam metal. But when thrash was born, punks began to realise they could relate to the music, and realised there was more to metal than crappy hair, and the only ones that fought metalheads were the stubborn diehard fans.

But thesedays, I think punks are a dying breed. 'Pop-punk' (which is an oxymoron) and post-hardcore are the last remnants of punk in a major scene. But all the true punks I've met have been great people.

I dont really hate groups. Just individuals. Grouping people is a bit naff like cos they could be amazing people.

But as a whole you've still got arrogent people who want to run about with a "kill posers attitude". Uncool.

I think the main reason punks disliked metal was because when they thought of metal, they thought of crappy glam metal.
Well no cos the glam stuff was in the 80s too.

Punks and metalheads had problems with each other in the 70s. I mean metal used to be the working class thing but after a while it grew out of that and was a bit more upmarket when Punk came about. So punk had the same attitude as what metal did and it could have been because of all this that there was feuds. I supose its just general groups disliking others.

If I saw a punk I didn't know, fighting someone not a punk or metalhead that I didn't know, I would help the punk without hesitation.

Labels..... Lame.

Was never into "Punk"..... Blink-182 count? If not then nope.

A hell of a lot of my best friends are punks, so a big resounding no.

Also, emo kids aren't the new glamfags because there are still plenty of glamfags still around - I should know because I have one as my guitar player. Emo kids also have absolutely no talent for anything except for eing beaten half to death.

/rant

Well when you confuse the emo guys for girls, I'd say they're the new glamfags. I've never seen anyone walk around looking like Bret Michaels or Jon Bon Jovi,

This has got nothing to do with the topic/question, but I never liked punk. In my opinion there's only 3 good punk bands, and they're the Misfits, Dead Kennedys and the Ramones.