Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

Well, that's an awful snare, not to mention the excessive clipping, it gets to point of being ridiculous

Shit, i was hoping that the mix would be better or that it was not mastered yet when i heard those clips before it got ripped.
I'll see if i can find it somewhere.. should be good fun!

really good record guys....but kirk fucking kills me! Some solos are ok, but hell...it doesnt need to be flash...just fit the song, thats all I ask.

I'm listening now! So far my first impressions are pretty good; this is definitely a better album than St. Anger (not that it takes much though haha)!!!

It's heavier and sounds more alive, but really lacking focus. The riffs aren't very coherent, they actually sound like drunk jams to me. Imagine trying to learn one of these songs - you'd have to decipher or interpret what they "meant" to play amid all the "I give up" pull-offs and weird handling noise. No real vocal melodies to be had either, just some pitched yelling and unmemorable countryesque psuedo-melodies. Out of the whole album there's probably about 2 solid minutes of decent riffage, which is technically greater quantity than their output in the last 10 years combined, so they get an A for effort.

Did they master the album through a tube screamer pedal?

Deleted.

The Judas Kiss was actually really good(Im going to listen to the rest tomorrow.).
But didnt the drums sound kinda programmed and REALLY overcompressed!?
And as everybody has said already, the snare sucks.

Ok so I really like "Suicide and Redemption" and "All Nightmare Long"!!! They both have some good riffs \m/

I am really digging the songs here. The production is weird, but somehow it's easy to adjust to. It's really just sounds like the drums that are clipped, like a GClip to high on the snare. But there is just a nice tight room sound, nothing overly hugh. But I'm loving the riffing and the vocals don't suck this time around :lol: