Metallica - Death Magnetic ripped!

for effort, its better than i had expected from hearing the other singles.

overall, lets not talk about production, but songs, i still cant make sense of them even though im listening to it drunk.

final impression, good effort but they are very out of touch with music and themselves so i wasn't expecting anything with this release, so another, delete.

Seriously, the band sound might be a reason to not buy that album! I'm curious as to how many non-audio people will complain about that.

imagine if this sounded better, it could of been the album we all wanted. Mix aside tho, first impressions - I like it, I actually think the single is the weakest song. Sounds like James doing all rhythms to me also.

imagine if this sounded better, it could of been the album we all wanted. Mix aside tho, first impressions - I like it, I actually think the single is the weakest song. Sounds like James doing all rhythms to me also.

You summed it up perfectly.
I actually liked most of the songs, but from what I can hear, the sound is hideous.

Im only listening on computer speakers here at work from a youtube clip which usually have fairly bad sound quality anyway so its hard for me to tell about the sound quality properly.

Listening to the song All Nightmare Long now. I really dig it

As for the sound. I cant tell really on these speakers and from youtube. I hope its decent. I think a lot of the metal sounds the same these days though production and sound-wise. Everything is nearly too perfect if you get me. Take Killswitch or Bullet for My Valentine cds etc... The production is great but at the same time i was kinda getting to the stage where i wanted to hear something different "sounding". I hope when i get the cd Metallica have achieved that in some way.

At the same time though. I would love to hear it with the crystal clear sound we hear on most metal records today. Agghhh i cant make up my mind :lol: I'll wait to hear the cd on proper speakers before i decide. But if they were going for a different type of sound i can appreciate that too

Savo: the record definitely doesn't sound like a typical modern metal production. More like a ProTools-Demo from the rehearsalroom where the overzealous bedroom engineer put too much gclip and finalizer on the master bus :D

So far (first listen, halfway through the album) the songs are ok. Missing the memorable parts, though ...

EDIT: stopped listening in the middle of Unforgiven III although I liked some of the melodies there. Got bored or annoyed - probably the squashing did its job. I'd rather listen to Hollywood Undead (which says a lot about the Metallica record) ...

I was always under the impression that even listening to downloaded music (unless the artist offered it for free, or you paid to download it from iTunes, the bands website, etc.) was illegal?

I was always under the impression that even listening to downloaded music (unless the artist offered it for free, or you paid to download it from iTunes, the bands website, etc.) was illegal?

So if someone downloads an illegal album and plays it at a resturant all the customers are in deep shit? :lol::lol::lol: