Metallica - Death Magnetic

Nvrmr2FeelDPain
6:50
because they did exactly what they wanted without any kind of trend influencing them

Wouldn't say that, they've been heavily influenced by Alice In Chains and the likes around that time.

But I'd say, it's breathing the same honesty as their first records and what they've been lacking ever after.

LONG LIVE LOAD

It's just a good rock record. I'd rather have another Load with heart and soul, than another attempt of half-assed, uninspired rehashing of the past. Sometimes I'm asking myself "Who's the bigger joke? Michael Schenker or Metallica?". Tough call.

And :kickass: for "Low Man's Lyric" appreciation.

I was disappointed when Load came out; not because I thought it was a bad album, but I realized that Metallica wouldn't be playing speed metal or heavy metal anymore. I love Load, even to this day, and I probably listen to it more than the older stuff...except when I have that craving for Justice or RTL.

I hate to say it but Kerrang is ridiculous now, has been for years. They said exactly the same thing about St Anger. It's run by children for children.

tell me can you heal what father's done!.... great song

I myself do like Load and even ReLoad... but I don't necessarily count them as "Metallica" albums... and I don't consider St. Anger a music album of any form.

Memory Remains and Fuel are pretty heavy... Carpe Diem is one of my favorites. But being a thrash fan, I still love the old stuff.

The only two metallica cd's i never listen to anymore are st anger and their self titled.

"Metal heads" often lament over metallica, favorably or unfavorable, yet they still discuss them. I've seen pictures of the rich bastards posted in ridicule over their current physical condition...

Media today often laments over (female artists, boy bands, girl bands, rappers), favorably or unfavorably, yet still discuss them. I've seen pictures of the rich bastards posted in ridicule over their current physical condition...

Here's the kicker though, "Metal heads" often lament over media today. A LITTLE BIT TROUBLED AND AIMLESS I'D SAY SO! When you begin to analyse a band's cycle and cabalities, then you've lost the spirit of music: pick a song and move on.

It's hard to miss what things like the media and co-workers, and etc. mention or lament over, since we have to associate ourselves with those people all the time :p

Metallica has already produced half a dozen excellent albums; I require nothing more of them. Had I the opportunity, I'd be thanking them for the music they made that has enriched my life. Complaining about recent works that didn't appeal to me would be ungrateful in the extreme.

The best of the Loads, imo are as follows:

Until it Sleeps
Hero of the Day
The Outlaw Torn
Bleeding Me
Fixxxer
Low Man's Lyric