Metallica Drumsound Test

006 said:
Pwnt. :lol:

~006

Yeah.....you're right...i mean that DFHS test he posted is pretty good....What kick was that again??...oh yeah, like 5 different samples.

DFHS is really superior....when its replaced with a pantera kick, 909 sample, Fear Factory kick, Andy's sample kick and the kitchen sink....

DFHS pwn3d fux0rs

Well, to disappoint the DFHS vs. BFD guys on both sides:

a) I don't like any of the demos that I heard of BFD. Even the ones I heard from the official BFD site don't convince me at all.

b) The snare sound on my demo are actually samples from Metallica's black album mixed with the DFHS DW Snare and Andy's snare sample. This kinda made me chuckle at all the "The drums sound NOTHING like the Black Album" comments ... Maybe you want to A/B it again against Sad But True ... :)

So this really means that the main sounds coming from DFHS are hats and cymbals in the demo. I even added Andy's tom samples for additional attack to my tom breaks. This kinda made me chuckle at all the "The drums sound NOTHING like the Black Album" comments ... :)

Both products are just tools and an idiot with no skill won't get any good sounds out of either product. I am still not happy with the tom sounds, but then again I am looking for a very specific tom sound (Vinnie Paul's toms on "Vulgar ..." or Chris Kontos' sound on "Burn My Eyes") which I can't get from any of the drum programs.

The snares on DFHS sound too wimpy for me, no matter how I tweak them. I noticed that after substituting with the Metallica snare that really has more meat to it. It's a sound I really like ... :) The kicks on DFHS sound very good to me. I can get cool sounds there without layering.

Overall I am happy with a combo of samplelayers in Battery and DFHS, because of the versatility and "human feel" that I get from the left/right hand hits on DFHS and the cymbals/hihats with the automatic alternation.

If now I would only get the damn toms right ... ;)

Hey bro, just listened to your updated clip very good! The first clip does indeed seem to have more life somehow- is the snare mixed a bit louder in the 1st? Love the hi hat also, dead on. Love the cymbals, I liked the kick, and the snare- i still think the snare isnt quite there yet (if its to be a perfect comparison with BA). Not sure how to describe it though lol- maybe its the other blended samples taking it away a touch! :kickass:

Anyway, i cannot knock it sounds marvalous to me, just the sound i like :) If you can post anything that might help me or others get a decent drum sound please feel free haha!

Kev

cameltoe said:
Yeah.....you're right...i mean that DFHS test he posted is pretty good....What kick was that again??...oh yeah, like 5 different samples.

DFHS is really superior....when its replaced with a pantera kick, 909 sample, Fear Factory kick, Andy's sample kick and the kitchen sink....

DFHS pwn3d fux0rs

I point yet again to my signature which contains clips that BFD will never, ever be able to do.

~006

Drumagog most likely...check it out on their site right here.

You basically add this plugin to the peice of the kit you want to replace/mix the sound of and adjust volume/eq to how you want. So like, if the snare you have has great body, but no attack, then you can use a sampled snare to mix in that has more of the attack you want and have the best of both. :)

~006