Metallica play all of Puppets in Japan!!!

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Got this from a friend of a friend - jealous isn't the word to describe my feelings. Metallica pulled out all the stops by the sounds of it.
--------------------------------

Metallica were mighty mighty last night tearing off the balls of Osaka for two and a half hours....

Opening up with Creeping Death and a mixed bag for about half an hour and then as a special treat for the 20th anniversay of Master, they played the entire album, in order for the next hour. Awesome to hear songs like Disposable Heroes and Damage Inc which dont normaly get a run. Rob Trujillo is insane and keeps the Metallica sound very tight. Lars is still crazy although a bit fatter but the big man can still beat skins for more than two hours in the heat pretty well.

Of course two encores, the first having One and Sandman and a few others. The second having a new song, yet unnamed and then finishing with Seek and Destroy. All up they are still very good and look to still genuinley enjoying playing live. New album and world tour next year by the sounds of it. Only one song post 1991 also, which kept the crowd happy....

LORD_GALVATRON said:
The new song they played wasn't the new songthey had previously played. It's a new, new one.

http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1043990786

link doesn't work.. i'm interested in seeing it too :cry:

edit: here's a link to an mp3 http://www.sendspace.com/file/i3smym

aptly named "The Other New Song" lol... sounds better than the first... uh... I guess... but the mp3 is too low quality to really tell

I'm sure once they play it more in the next few weeks there will be good vids and mp3s

sufferer said:
Seeing Among is better than seeing Puppets, but cool they did it.
It seems they may have been inspired by Anthrax to do that! Very cool.:kickass:

MikeyBong said:
It seems they may have been inspired by Anthrax to do that! Very cool.:kickass:

Slayer played the entire Reign In Blood way before either of these bands.

It's nothing new, it's been done by other bands for years and years.

Yep, I stand corrected, or is that errected? By the way, we all forgot Pink Floyd -The Wall!

sufferer said:
At least Metallica played all of Puppets without any edits. Playing the intro to 'Imitation of Life' and than going into 'Got the Time' does not constitute playing the full Among the Living album.

SpiderDan13 said:
At least Metallica played all of Puppets without any edits. Playing the intro to 'Imitation of Life' and than going into 'Got the Time' does not constitute playing the full Among the Living album.

He's got a point.

Seeing the full Puppets album live would be a religious experience. There really is no better thrash/metal album in existence. If you say otherwise, you are just being stubborn. Reign in Blood is killer, but is one dimensional. Among the Living is brilliant, but is dragged down by one stinker (One World,) and all Megadeth albums (take your pick) are shorted by Dave's weak vocals.

It's my opinion that Puppets was Cliff Burton's last, great masterpiece. Their sound really changed after this album, for obvious reasons. Listen to Orion tonight and realize that he wrote the majority of that song, and the second half of the middle solo is him on bass guitar! To Trujillo's credit, he's playing it note for note in concert.

sufferer said:

I love Anthrax, but i would almost die if i saw Metallica do MoP from begining to end. I hope they tour the states this fall or winter and try to do that....It really has been sounding like Metallica is trying to gain some wind in the sails again.

after listening to that new new song, the quality of the recording is shit, but the song sounds pretty fucking killer....a lot more old school

Cheap Trick played three of their albums in their entirity at a series of shows.
Dio did the entire Holy Diver live last year.
Deep Purple did all of Machine Head live a while ago.

Pink Floyd was first, I'm sure.

Oh, and Dream Theater did all of MOP in order before Metallica did! DT also did Number of the Beast live.

Phish played the Beatles' White Album live.

Yeah they played MoP in Estonia too. That was awesome. Only bad thing was lame crowd who wanted to hear only Enter Sandman & Nothing Else Matters.

they played it there whole european tour so they were doing it before anthrax started doing among the living in the united states go to there website and check the dates.

besides slayer played reign and blood a few years ago all the way first.
I cant wait tell they get to the states I ve seen slayer do reign and I just saw anthrax do among the living last sunday in hollywood.

mrthrax said:
any metallica diehard would have loved to witness that,ive never really been a fan,puppets isnt that good to me
You really didn't like the Puppets album? Wow, I have never heard anyone say that before. I always kind of looked at 'Puppets' as Metallica's "reign in blood", so to speak.

I never warmed to Justice when it first came out but listening to it some years on I can see that there's more depth to it than I used to realise - there are some corking riffs on Justice.....

Xentrix... Now there's a blast from the past - "dum dum diddle da dum GHoST-BusT-Errrrrrs!!" :)