Metallica @ Quest Center Omaha last night

rvs0002

Metal from the Heartland
Jun 28, 2007
Topeka, KS
www.johnnylokkeband.com
Quick review:
Band played 3 or 4 new ones which meshed in nicely with a killer setlist including gems like "Fight Fire with Fire", "Master of Puppets", "Blitzkrieg" and "The Thing that should Not Be". Place was surprisedly empty...lower level was pretty sparse in many places, and upper level had a lot of opens. Killer stage setup (in the round), sound was actually pretty decent. As for individual honors:

James: Solid as a rock, still one of the fastest, all-downpicking mf's I've ever seen, voice was there all night

Rob: Just a beast on the bass, what more can I say. Perfect addition to the band, just for stage presence alone.

Lars: Overplayed on every song, drums louder than guitars most of the night, and pranced around on stage way too much. Get behind the kit already!!!!

Kirk: Dude, you've got to get off the WAH, just for a freaking minute at least!

Highlights:
Saw dude choking choking and had to be given the heimlich manuever, watched guy pass out as he chanted "Metallica, Metallica, Metall---" and missed the whole set only waking up as they ended "Seek and Destroy" encore, had guy with about 60 pirated shirts in his pants selling them for 20 bucks a piece and making a fortune.

All in all a good show.

Quick review:
Band played 3 or 4 new ones which meshed in nicely with a killer setlist including gems like "Fight Fire with Fire", "Master of Puppets", "Blitzkrieg" and "The Thing that should Not Be". Place was surprisedly empty...lower level was pretty sparse in many places, and upper level had a lot of opens. Killer stage setup (in the round), sound was actually pretty decent. As for individual honors:

James: Solid as a rock, still one of the fastest, all-downpicking mf's I've ever seen, voice was there all night

Rob: Just a beast on the bass, what more can I say. Perfect addition to the band, just for stage presence alone.

Lars: Overplayed on every song, drums louder than guitars most of the night, and pranced around on stage way too much. Get behind the kit already!!!!

Kirk: Dude, you've got to get off the WAH, just for a freaking minute at least!

Highlights:
Saw dude choking choking and had to be given the heimlich manuever, watched guy pass out as he chanted "Metallica, Metallica, Metall---" and missed the whole set only waking up as they ended "Seek and Destroy" encore, had guy with about 60 pirated shirts in his pants selling them for 20 bucks a piece and making a fortune.

All in all a good show.

Too bad they dont have any FL dates this run. Whenever i see them on their own gig and not a festival its usually the best sounding thing ever. Really incredible sound night to night usually, considering they are playing arenas and not ampitheaters. Always a good time.