Metallica- St Anger Vid

I've listenened to the first 3 or 4 songs now.
All I can is that i was so much into it that I didn't even notice I forgot to put the following songs in the playlist ...
Oh and something else : I'm glad to notice I'm not the only person on earth who rips-off Kyuss riffs :eek:

bought it this morning and listened to it only once. the thing is that hetfield tries to sound hardcore many times and that fucks up the songs (the last two for example). it's not a bad album but not something special either. i liked st. anger, the unnamed feeling, my world, shoot me again. i disliked some kind of monster and dirty window (the last one is really bad i think...). anyways, gotta listen to it a few more times... and it's a bargain really, only 17euros with a dvd and codes to download songs from the net. even if the album is not great, it's worth the cash...

In the beginning I didn't like Monster either, you gotta listen to it more, the main riff is really awesome, groovy and that. The "are we the people?" part is horrible though :ill:
Oh and didn't you like Frantic? And the last 2 songs shouldn't have been on the album by the way :ill:

Cerulean said:
In the beginning I didn't like Monster either, you gotta listen to it more, the main riff is really awesome, groovy and that. The "are we the people?" part is horrible though :ill:
Oh and didn't you like Frantic? And the last 2 songs shouldn't have been on the album by the way :ill:

Some kind of monster is my favorite song on the album. The final riff on this song is great...and also "all within my hands" is good too. It takes time to grow on you. Anyway i think this record has some good elements, some cool ideas BUT...THE DRUMS HAVE SUCH A HORRIBLE SOUND!!! :yell::yell:
:yell: I mean WTF? No one on the production noticed that this kind of snare-drums ruin most of the songs? Hmarton...:cool:

face it. Lars is the boss. If he would say so they would release an album with a drumCPU.
would be an improvement anyway

yeah, loads of people have a problem with the snare sound. they even mentioned it on the radio here... i dunno, don't care really if the music's good...

Bambi said:
Recorded message: (Lars) Hey like this is fucking Metallica and we're like...not fucking here right now, we're taking over the fucking world, so like, leave a message

*You have 13 new messages*

#1: hey guys its jason newsted. i don't have much to say other than HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...HAHAHAHAAHAH...allright i'm done...no wait,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ok i'm done...

#2:...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#3: hey cocktallica, this is darkthrone. we just wanted to let you know your production sucks

#4: hey guys, its me kirk. why didn't you tell me we were recording a new cd?! when i found out you didn't include me, i cried like a girl all daylong. and if you don't return this call, i'm going to have a hissy fit!

#5: hey guys, this is bob rock. just wanted to let you know how much my...errr your new cd rules. i mean, you guys were a joke in the 80s and i turned you around. so remember that bobtallica wouldn't be the same without
me.

#6: hey lars, its me fred durst. wanted to drop ya a line, to let you know dat the new cd is da nit to the shiz and we gotta hook up sometime to record
a phat tune.

#7: this is system of a down and we want you to return our riffs

#8: lars, this is your wife skylar. where in the hell are the pots, pans and garbage cans?

#9: its me jason again....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#10: hey guys, this is elektra records and we just wanna thank you for keeping us in business.

#11: this is dave mustaine and i'm just letting you guys know, your new cd sucks. i mean i know risk sure sucked some balls, but this is pathetic. if i see you lars i'm gonna show off my black belt skills.

#12: this is hit parader, can we get a few soundbites from you and then rehash them into a different article/interview for the next 18 months?

#13: this is kerrang!...can we suck your dicks and kiss your ass??

EXCELLENT!

I saw Metallica @ Fields of rock festival yesterday, and it was awesome (except the sound, we were a bit too far)... The setlist was awasome, the band was awesome, the audience was awesome... Awesome I said!!!

And they even played "hit the lights"... On "enter sandman", we couldn't hear james anymore, because the audience screamed the song louder than loud (at least 50000 people)! Amazing!!!

listening to anger a couple more times, it is obvious that the some songs lose power cos of hetfield's vocals. i mean, i don't know why he decided to play hardcore/nu-metal king when he has showed that he can sing well in the past... anyways, the album sounds better after a few more listenings, it's not grand but it was worth the cash i think...