Metallica - The Day That Never Comes - Video Premier

And christ, that autotune on the vox is about as subtle as a sledgehammer...

Agree! Too bad they made Hetfield sound like a freakin' chipmunk. I actually kinda like the beginning of the song (the slow stuff) and to me it pretty much sounds like a typical Metallica ballad :) ... but those autotuned chipmunk sounding vocals just destroy it completely.

The 2nd part of the song (the "faster" stuff) would probably sound cool too, if it were written and recorded in the 80's by a bunch of 16 year old beer drinkin' drunken metalheads.

Maybe the whole think is a joke, the video, the album, Metallica.

Im not diggin nothing on DM, i think they are trying hard, it sounds really pushed, boring riffs, lame production, and i was pretty excited about the album.

"What on earth was the point in that video!? So... they are under fire... then they aren't... then they fix a guys car... then it ends...."

HAHAHAHA, this made me laugh hard in my office, thanks for that, now theres no need to watch the video (i can´t now because the fucking "websense")

I like the song still , and the video. Onl;y thing that is shize is the clipping. I think lars creeps in the Stud after hours and fiddles with knobs because he can't really contribute in any other way. Haaa
I think the video is different from what other bands do, I'm not sure what you are all on about. It's certainly better than the old "Band in warehouse" video that everyone puts out.

Plus it's fucking METALIBAN!!!

Snare sounds very distorted or something.

The "soldiers footage" looks too much like a real war movie and doesn't fit well for a music video IMO.

Speaking about the director, he made an awesome movie called "Festen" (part of the whole Danish "Dogme 96" directing movement) years ago. This movie is truely awesome. You should all check it out.

smy1: I'm pretty sure that video cost quite a fortune! They sure as hell have a big ass crew and the best equipment around. Plus there is a helicopter! The money spent for that alone would make a great video for any (semi-)pro band.

Yea, they probably got raped by the production company/director. I still think you could do this video (and better) for 5-10k. Including the helicopter.

What the hell was this? Seriously, with their age they should be able to know when it's really time to stop milking the cow.
They have unlimited resources and yet send out a craptastic song like this, both writing/production wise... that must be the worst snare I heard in a few years... It sounds like it's clipping to hell. And those leads are so "plastic", a little reverb wouldn't kill anyone. And the video sux ballz :l

And as someone said yea, the autotune is pretty evident, I wouldn't mind if the vox was a little off but the rest of the instruments sounded kick ass, which they don't...

I think the song is great, the album too. But the video y pretty lame!.

I was expecting explosions or some shit like that when the heavy parts kicked in...honestly I thought he was going to smoke the chick and her husband and blow up the car...or maybe she was going to pull out a semi automatic from under the robe and smoke him...that ending just completely sucked.

I'm pretty sure Rick Rubin had the song seriously clipping during mastering of these singles on purpose. I think the final album versions of the song are going to sound much better. I'm not too sure how many people have heard the cover song metallica did recently of "remember tomorrow" but the drums sound much more black album-ish than the crap they've given us so far. heres the link to the youtube video of it, still not the best quality but you can hear the difference in the mixing of this song versus the two singles.

THIS song is what still gives me some hope for metallica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blabbermouth:

"According to several unconfirmed Internet reports, a French record store allegedly began selling copies of the new METALLICA album "Death Magnetic" earlier today nearly two weeks ahead of the CD's scheduled September 12 worldwide release date. A couple of the fans that were lucky enough to purchase these early copies have posted pictures of what is apparently the album's final packaging. Check out some of the photos below."

2821445251_c5cb211239.jpg

2821445275_e26bd28938.jpg

2820942775_4a8cdd73ed.jpg

2821782796_f46f19c5db.jpg

2821782848_4be9c04733.jpg

From Metallica Forum:

"I'm the man who bought the album on the record store and took photos, I'm sorry if it's illegal at the beginning I was sure it was legal because Gibert is a big and famous store in Paris!!

The seller told me they did this selling of imported albums one week before the release date for each big band, they did it recently with Coldplay,and on the sticker on the back of the cd it is written "Release date 02/09/2008" so it seems to be logical for them...

So the packaging is wonderful and the album too!! Of Course i hate leak on internet so i will not give the tracks.
I wanted to confirm that it's not a fake,and to people who where afraid about the sound of the recording,it is PERFECT!! :)

I'm not sure we're only 20 to bought it,I think almost 100 copies were sold before the Warner's decision..."

I never thought the day would come (lolol) that I'd say this.. but...
WIth Andy as my witness, hand on the holy book (Mastering Audio: The Art and the Science by Bob Katz,) etcetc, I WOULD RATHER LISTEN TO ST ANGER THAN THIS.

Seriously.
I prefer the tin can.

This is the band with the worst lead guitarist ever to become a legend. This is the band that rhymed "way" with "way" and still had a hit. This is the band that put out Load and Reload and still had fans. This is the band who put out St. Anger and still had fans...

So the fact that they can put out a boring video for a fake "song" like this and still have fans and airplay doesn't surprise me.

This is the band with the worst lead guitarist ever to become a legend. This is the band that rhymed "way" with "way" and still had a hit. This is the band that put out Load and Reload and still had fans. This is the band who put out St. Anger and still had fans...

True, but this is also the band that wrote Blackened... :worship:

my op: video sucks and song sucks...haven´t heard the album yet
to me the magic is gone.........money can´t buy good songs, i prefer to think their time has passed

hey just my opinion