Metallica's new freak project record

I'm usually there to defend Papa Het, but now that I think about it, he's such a hypocrite for being involved in this shit. Tells Jason not to to a side project because that will take away from Metallica's power or what the fuck ever. In a sense he was right, because Metallica lost a shitload of respect from me for doing this, and not just me, it destroyed the love that a lot of fans had/have for Metallica.

At least it wasn't an actual Metallica album, so I'll let this slide if their next record is better than Death Magnetic.

Yeah dude. He can get away with that shit and have everyone still love him simply because he's Het. I remember reading an interview where he said he was against making a collaboration album with Lou or anyone outside of Metallica, then a few months later there they are.

The problem with Metallica is they get too caught up in 'experimenting' and it just turns out shit. Load was a pretty good album, but man they've taken it too far and drifted away from what they did best. It's pretty sad to listen to Lulu as it is, but even more sad when you consider that it includes the same three guys that put out Kill 'em All, Lightning, Puppets, Justice and even the Black Album. The fuck...

Thing is that some bands just don't know when they need to stop - not necessarily for good, but just to stop trying to be so daring and edgy by experimenting with drivel. Metallica are the worst offenders here in terms of the experimentation, but Slayer are another prime example of a band that've completely run their course yet still continue to release garbage.

Why not just do what Bolt Thrower did - they wrote a followup to Those Once Loyal and completely scrapped it because the material wasn't good enough. They just tour now. See, that's a fucking brilliant solution - if a band has a strong back catalogue then they could quite happily stay active as a functional touring band whilst leaving their 'legacy' intact by not releasing shitty albums that fail to live up to what came beforehand. I'd rather Slayer had called it quits at Christ Illusion, because that way the utter abortion that's World Painted Blood wouldn't exist and sully their reputation.

The problem with bands that stop making records become nostalgia acts. The band gets tired playing all that old crap, and if they are a true band that craves art they will still make records. The newer Slayer albums may not have been as good as the 80's shit, but those albums are superior to LULU or any experimental record Metallica ever did. The Orchestra crap, the bluesy alternative crap, the garage punk album....all crap..

Metallica can write a thrash metal record like they did in the 80s easily, they can do so much better than Death Magnetic. They don't really give two shits now though, and rightly so. They're old, they released 5 classic albums in a row and they are rich.

Kirk Hammet still has no idea how to do a proper metal horns sign, he always ends up doing the surfer hang loose sign instead. I remember all those years Metallica tried to avoid the label "Metal Band' that really felt like a slap in the face. If they are not metal then what the fuck are you Metallica? That's why Im glad they did the big 4 shows so maybe Kerry King, or Mustaine can talk some sense into them and tell them yes you have been playing thrash metal all these years lol.

Not true! Plenty of good American bands, it's just that so few of them are around anymore. I'd much rather that a lot of the bigger bands that're still around would become heritage acts, because a lot fo them just don't put out new material that's interesting.

Why not just do what Bolt Thrower did - they wrote a followup to Those Once Loyal and completely scrapped it because the material wasn't good enough. They just tour now. See, that's a fucking brilliant solution - if a band has a strong back catalogue then they could quite happily stay active as a functional touring band whilst leaving their 'legacy' intact by not releasing shitty albums that fail to live up to what came beforehand. I'd rather Slayer had called it quits at Christ Illusion, because that way the utter abortion that's World Painted Blood wouldn't exist and sully their reputation.

They play one or two shows a year for a break from their day jobs. If you believe you can better yourself, you always should, so bands making more music I have no problem with. Because they try. Effort is good in my opinion.

I for one know you'll be one of those guys always making music in some form man. Because a band has a legacy doesn't mean they should stop.

Lulu sucks arse. But it's happened. Tough shit world.