Metalstorm awards

Yeah please give us a boost, seeing as we got completely forgotten and ignored in all the year end lists of the major magazines/websites, as usual LOL

Going up against legends like Trouble and Candlemass though, that's gonna be tough! Everyone will probably vote for Reverend Bizarre, pfft.

You have my vote.

Candlemass was SOOO close though. You guys really don't even seem to be in the same genre though...

Oh well...

And I'm kind of surprised that they didn't have the new Worship album in that list. It's also one of the best doom releases of last year.

Well it just goes to show how ridiculous it is to try and put everything into specific categories anyhow. Think about the sound of each of these bands- ND, Candlemass, Trouble, My Dying Bride, Novembre, Agalloch, Reverend Bizarre, Cathedral...... Every one of those bands has been tagged as being "doom metal" at some point or another. And yet they all sound very dissimilar from one another in many ways. Anyhow we've had this type of discussion before here so I won't ramble on and rehash it again. In the end, if someone is going to vote in a poll like this, ultimately you have to pick based on what album you liked the most I guess, regardless of whether or not it fits squarely within the genre listed. I personally wouldn't put an album like "The Novella Reservoir" in a doom metal category...but seeing us listed next to greats like Candlemass and Trouble, I'm flattered nonetheless.

In my heart and ears ND is No1. I never pay attention to magazine lists. They are some of the most atrocious lists compiled. I always wondered, do they complete them with the actual liking of the bands music or how many units that particular band sold. It seems to me, their criteria is faulty. But hey, that's just me.

Voted!!!
Agreed that it is a tight race between Candlemass and ND. Both were stellar releases.

My 3rd fav disc of the year was Trouble's SMC, though great, not as stellar as THR or KOFGI.

Larry - No love for Rev Bizarre? I haven't heard their latest yet.

Voted!!!
Agreed that it is a tight race between Candlemass and ND. Both were stellar releases.

My 3rd fav disc of the year was Trouble's SMC, though great, not as stellar as THR or KOFGI.

Larry - No love for Rev Bizarre? I haven't heard their latest yet.

Yeah, I'm not big on RB, to be honest. I don't see what all the fuss is about. But whatever, to each their own, plenty of people say the same about us, so it's all good :)

Yeah, I'm not big on RB, to be honest. I don't see what all the fuss is about. But whatever, to each their own, plenty of people say the same about us, so it's all good :)

Yeah, that's cool.
Just curious if there was a specific reason why you didn't care for them.

I like their music.

Though from a band's perspective, their whole "We are true doom and you are not" attitude can be annoying I suppose!