Metalstorm awards

I mentioned you guys in my end-of-year list at Maelstrom, unordered list though. Will vote. :)

Milwaukee Metalfest HORROR STORIES?
NEVER!!!!!
That is the smoothest running fest of all time!!

Bands ALWAYS play the time they are scheduled.
They NEVER move bands to other days without telling people.

I was at MMF in 2002. A fight almost broke out between the Exodus and Vio-lence guys. That was a great time for the people, but a goddamned disaster overall as far as the overload of bands and the lack of organization.

We've played Milwaukee Metalfest a few times (3 or 4 I believe) and I can't really think of a bad time we had. Sure, nothing runs perfectly, but honestly, we always went on within an hour of our scheduled time, and the stage managers were always helpful to us. It's a shame it fell apart, because I used to love Milwaukee Metafest.

I've only ever gone to shows with large audiences. Even the local show with unknown fools had probably 100 people. I guess it really just depends on the area and/or promotion.

We've played Milwaukee Metalfest a few times (3 or 4 I believe) and I can't really think of a bad time we had. Sure, nothing runs perfectly, but honestly, we always went on within an hour of our scheduled time, and the stage managers were always helpful to us. It's a shame it fell apart, because I used to love Milwaukee Metafest.

Yeah I second that. I enjoyed playing the Milwaukee Metalfest each time we played and we were lucky to always be treated good, we never got dicked on time slots or set length, etc. And I used to love going there just as a fan back in the 1990s and checking out all the merch for sale (ah the pre-internet days when you made a long list of cds and stuff to search for when you knew the fest was coming up!) I have quite a few good memories associated with being at MMF, so even if the fest isn't what it once was, at least it served it's purpose for quite a while :)

I believe I'm thinking of a Katatonia Milwaukee Metalfest horror story...

and I don't believe it had to do with the number of fans...

I could be mistaken.

Poor Katatonia, that show still haunts them! They weren't prepared for the chaotic malarky that happens when you play a fest like that here. I think they're a great live band, as has been proven on the last couple tours they did here. But yeah, it goes to show that everyone has their low points especially in the unpredictable live setting.

That's cool that you guys had a good experience at MMF.

I agree that the marketplace was just as cool as the bands.

I went in 99, and then in 2002 and 2003 (Which was like the beginning of the end of that fest, which is maybe what influeneces my perception of the fest).

I remeber reading a while back on the Katatonia site that almost each member cites MMF as the worst show of their career.

I remeber reading a while back on the Katatonia site that almost each member cites MMF as the worst show of their career.

i remember some of the bands playing the MMF edition that picture above was taken from cursing the organizer. the picture was some eighties metal band, wasnt it? saxon, or something else? a lot of them actually payed to play, can you believe that?

maybe i remember wrong, im just human, haha... i read a lot of stuff and remember the most crazy details sometimes haha.