Michael angelo

IntoThePiT

Dec 31, 2002
So,California
Visit site
Ok, never really got into him, but have always heard about him. So finaly i decide to check him out.... i Go and download ''Speed kills'' And WTF ? SOME WERIDDD SHIT HE DOES IN THE VID WITH HIS HAND ON FRETBOARD it literaly gave me the chills really bad lol =]

Anyway yngvai you seem to know alot about things like this.

Wtf was he doing? ,and that vid had to be sped up, if it wasnt i quit guitar right now...

If anyone knows feel free to awnser, also if u have any recomendations lemme know =] \m/

hahahahaha, yeah Ive seen that Angelo video...he's funny, hes got that really bad 80s hair and attitude but hes one of the cleanest, fastest (albiet mechanical sounding) shredders Ive ever heard. About that over the top of the fretboard thing...someones gotta be REALLY bored with their playing to need to learn to do a "stupid pet trick" like that and get good at it ;).

Listen to the Time traveller solo clip on his site!!! WOAH!
I think Rusty Cooley has better technique than Angelo. He very close to that speed but is more accuate and fluid. You should cheack him out @ www.rustycooley.com

Michael Angelo is one sick guitarist, Idon`t know i still find him more tasteful than Rusty Cooley.
When i heard Rusty`s stuff i just thought it was to .........dirty....? :loco:
The Dark Matter clip i heard was the best of them i think, but IMO, he`s not as clean as Angelo.

Yngvai X said:
hahahahaha, yeah Ive seen that Angelo video...he's funny, hes got that really bad 80s hair and attitude but hes one of the cleanest, fastest (albiet mechanical sounding) shredders Ive ever heard. About that over the top of the fretboard thing...someones gotta be REALLY bored with their playing to need to learn to do a "stupid pet trick" like that and get good at it ;).

WHO HAS SEEN SHOCK EM DEAD!!!!!????

It's a must have for any aspiring virtuoso. You'll see a lot of that technique in there..

Angelo is an awesome clean and fast picker. But if you wanna get really scared check out George Bellas. That guy is at least as fast and clean as Angelo, but his lines are so much more interesting. His economy picking technique allows him to switch back and forth between arpeggios, scale sequences or wider intervallic stuff in the same line, which is much more interesting than just playing scales up and down at the speed of light. His playing is so fluent, he can do the fastest lines I've ever heard all across the fretboard without stopping in between. I guess that guy could pick 24 hours a day without stopping :)

Well, I checked out George from the samples on his site and it's pretty cool. At least the instrumental stuff is pretty cool, definitely more insteresting than Angelo. BUT....

What the hell is that stuff with vocals on it?!!!! That is some of the worst cheese crap I've ever heard! He should stick to making instrumental stuff for sure!

Well, I haven't heard the vocal stuff (except Ring of fire, which I actually like), Turn of the millennium is the one to go for. But I guess you're right, he's one of those guys that should defineatley stick to instrumental stuff. Wheew, his chops are amazing!

Oh, you must of heard Audiodrome, which pretty musch sucks (the band, not his playing)
Cheak out his intrumental albums. Turn... if you want some insane technical prog shred (which is the best), or Mind... if you want rehashed neo-classical mediocraty. Get Turn..., which is way better. Bellas is probably the most fluent player out there. this is acheived through his econimy picking technique

George is a phenominal guitarist, but I think his instrumentals are pretty boring for the most part (Theres only one or two that I really like on Mind over Matter. I think the track is "The Awakening" or something, its got a really cool break with just strings and timpani in it). Personally, the only "shrapnel" guys I like are Becker/Cacophony, Gilbert/Racer X, and Vinnie Moore. They're the only ones who seem to write good MUSIC too as opposed to just good shredding.

Hey Yngvai, how do you think about Greg Howe? IMO he's the best Shrapnel guitarist ever, he plays fusion as good as neoclassical, has chops to kill for, his phrasing is phaenomenal, and his songs are great as well, those riffs and grooves just rock. The playing on High definition is some of the best neoclassical playing I've ever heard, and Parallax, Uncertain terms and Introspection are mindboggling fusion albums.

Chrisz said:
Hey Yngvai, how do you think about Greg Howe? IMO he's the best Shrapnel guitarist ever, he plays fusion as good as neoclassical, has chops to kill for, his phrasing is phaenomenal, and his songs are great as well, those riffs and grooves just rock. The playing on High definition is some of the best neoclassical playing I've ever heard, and Parallax, Uncertain terms and Introspection are mindboggling fusion albums.

I feel the same way about Howe that I do about Bellas, actually, I'd rather listen to a Bellas CD than a Howe CD because, like Ive said, sometimes Bellas does actually write a cool song. I have Greg Howe's first album. I listened to it once and not even the whole way through, I turned it off because I was bored to death of it. There are no songs on that album. its guitar solos over vamps. I'm not knocking his playing though, he's a fucking awsome guitarist, but apparently he falls into the same "can shred up a storm but can't write a song" syndrome most shrapnel guys do.

Well, Yngvai, of course I respect your opinion and I really don't wanna play the prophet here, but you can't judge Greg's playing from his first album. He has turned into a completely different player with Introspection. Check out the albums I've mentioned! I can't stand his first album either, but his later heavy fusion stuff just kills me. But of course everybody has different tastes. Just thought you might check them out if you haven't yet.