MICHALE KISKE is a metalhead again....sort of.

Iced Ray

May 18, 2004
MICHAEL KISKE To Record Acoustic Versions Of HELLOWEEN Classics

Ex-HELLOWEEN singer Michael Kiske has announced that will rearrange and re-record all of the songs that he wrote with his former band for an upcoming CD, to be released next year through Frontiers Records.

Commented Kiske: "Since I always need a bit of time to get another (good) record written. I talk with Frontiers Records right now about a full acoustic CD with all my old HELLOWEEN songs re-arranged. Serafino (owner of Frontiers Records) had this idea and I like it very much. But we are still sorting the deal out. I think this is a very good thing to do, because it shows people how those songs can also sound. And I still like most of them. But it will be very different!"

Jasonic said:
For someone who chose to leave metal, he is sure having a hard time walking away.... VERY VERY LAME!

Why is it lame?? Why do you have to be like that? I'm pretty sure it's that typically dissmissive "metal" hardened attitude that keeps him from wanting to do metal again..Whether you think so or not, he's one of the best metal vocalists of all time..From interviews Ive read with him..Seems its more like the ways people are fuled by the secularistic philosophy that so many times accompanies the metal musicians, that sort of..do onto others before they do onto you attitude..that leaves a bad taste in his mouth..more so than the musical genre. Perhaps he's warming up to it the idea of doing metal again. If more people would stop with the typical non constructive critical attitude, he might see a reason to do it. Seeing how some people talk about him, I wouldnt blame him or anyone for not wanting to come back to that kind of abusive audience. Mayby you just don't like his singing..? I dunno.

Dominick_7 said:
Why is it lame?? I'm pretty sure it's that typically dissmissive "metal" hardened attitude that keeps him from wanting to do metal again..Whether you think so or not, he's one of the best metal vocalists of all time..From interviews Ive read with him..Seems its more like the ways people are fuled by the secularistic philosophy, that sort of..do onto others before they do onto you attitude..that leaves a bad taste in his mouth..more so than the musical genre. Perhaps he's warming up to it the idea of doing metal again. If more people would stop with the typical venomous non constructive critical attitude, he might see a reason to do it. Seeing how some people talk about him, I wouldnt blame him or anyone for not wanting to come back to that kind of abusive audience.

No offense to you Dominick, but that's called life!

I, for one, can't wait. The guy can still sing better than 99% of all other "metal" singers out there.

For those curious, Kiske wrote the following "Keeper-Era" tracks:

A Little Time
You Always Walk Alone
We Got the Right

Three classic Helloween anthems!

YtseJammer said:
I, for one, can't wait. The guy can still sing better than 99% of all other "metal" singers out there.

For those curious, Kiske wrote the following "Keeper-Era" tracks:

A Little Time
You Always Walk Alone
We Got the Right

Three classic Helloween anthems!

You're forgetting Don't Run For Cover and Savage.

edgeofthorns said:
No offense to you Dominick, but that's called life!

I'm sad to hear you say that..that's not life, life is good..its a particular kind of chosen life.. A kind of life that magnifies the reality of bad, and overlooks the good. Though it's easy to do and is hard to do otherwise, I don't think that helps anyone along. It also makes for a real..special..audience one would have hard time finding a reason or motivation to want to perform for. While I myself do it sometimes, we don't need to be all bitter, mean, and cynical you know? Thats' no way to live. What's one good thing we shouldnt overlook in this thread?..Kiske is an awesome singer! I would LOVE to hear him doing metal, especially since his voice is more mature and controlled now. Do you or anyone know what he did in terms of vocal training? And does anyone know if he's done collaboration with Matos outside of Avantasia?

Dominick_7 said:
I'm sad to hear you say that..that's not life, life is good..its a particular kind of chosen life.. A kind of life that magnifies the reality of bad, and overlooks the good. Though it's easy to do and is hard to do otherwise, I don't think that helps anyone along. It also makes for a real..special..audience one would have hard time finding a reason or motivation to want to perform for. While I myself do it sometimes, we don't need to be all bitter, mean, and cynical you know? Thats' way to live. What's a good thing qwe shouldnt overlook in this thread?..Kiske is an awesome singer! I would LOVE to hear him doing metal, especially since his voice is more mature and controlled now. Do you or anyone know what he did in terms of vocal training? And does anyone know if he's done collaboration with Matos outside of Avantasia?

Kiske has made deliberate changes to his style (no vibrato) in his solo projects now, he hasn't received any training recently as far as I know (or ever for that matter). Dominick, if you want to hear Matos and Kiske on the same cd I suggest you pick up Aina - Days of Rising Doom.

I'm a tremendous Kiske fan and have followed his career very closely, and I personally think his anti-metal attitude stems from 2 things.
1) Michael Weikath
2) Poor reception to Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon
Basically this guy got hugely disillusioned when Weikath fired him and created in his own mind this image of these satanic art-fascists who don't like him. Kiske has ALWAYS liked the music he did with Helloween (with a few exceptions), so saying this is some sort of hypocritical move on his part isn't exactly fair, but I don't think anyone doubts this is going to make him tons and tons of money.

I think what gets on a lot of people's nerves is the CONSTANT flip flopping by Kiske in regards to "metal". One month he hates it, and disowns it, and the next month he's talking about doing a cd of Helloween tunes. It's like the never ending Kiss/Who reunion tours, eventually, even the fans get sick of it.
I don't know too many people who dislike Kiske's singing, but I know a bunch who are sick of his "I'm not metal anymore..." schtick.....
You might need to grow a little thicker skin around here as well, lots of sometimes harsh opinions on this forum. :saint:

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
I think what gets on a lot of people's nerves is the CONSTANT flip flopping by Kiske in regards to "metal".

That's exactly it.
When his time in Helloween was up, he always said things like, "Oh, I was never into metal to begin with, etc.."

Then he goes on saying he is done with metal, yet he comes back to appear on a zillion metal projects each year (well, not literally, but you get the point).

I love Kiske's voice too, but how can anyone (Helloween fanboys included) not call him out on this one.

The Brazilian metal blog heavy merdas once prophesized the tracklisting of the next Kiske album:

1. A Little Time Is Money
2. Heavy Metal Is Not The Law
3. Money Fly Free
4. Pink Moneys Go Ape
5. When The Dollar
6. A Money That Wasn't Right
7. Reach Out For The Money
8. How Many Dollars
9. Future World (A World That's Full Of Money)
10. I Want Money
11. Dollars Of Jericho
12. Keeper Of The Seven Dollars

Looks like they weren't too far off.

Braxil said:
The Brazilian metal blog heavy merdas once prophesized the tracklisting of the next Kiske album:

1. A Little Time Is Money
2. Heavy Metal Is Not The Law
3. Money Fly Free
4. Pink Moneys Go Ape
5. When The Dollar
6. A Money That Wasn't Right
7. Reach Out For The Money
8. How Many Dollars
9. Future World (A World That's Full Of Money)
10. I Want Money
11. Dollars Of Jericho
12. Keeper Of The Seven Dollars

Looks like they weren't too far off.

Haha, I get it - he's all about the money! LOL

No matter what he does he will always and forever more be associated with metal. I think this is what angers him when he makes statements like I don't want to be metal anymore.

Entrerie said:
No matter what he does he will always and forever more be associated with metal. I think this is what angers him when he makes statements like I don't want to be metal anymore.

Well this is really a problem for ANYONE who gets successful doing something and then tries to do something else, the only person I can think of who pulled it off would be Blackmore, maybe Plant. Every word that comes out of this guy's mouth for the rest of his life will be compared to Eagle Fly Free.