MICHALE KISKE is a metalhead again....sort of.

Dominick_7 said:
I'm sad to hear you say that..that's not life, life is good..its a particular kind of chosen life.. A kind of life that magnifies the reality of bad, and overlooks the good. Though it's easy to do and is hard to do otherwise, I don't think that helps anyone along. It also makes for a real..special..audience one would have hard time finding a reason or motivation to want to perform for. While I myself do it sometimes, we don't need to be all bitter, mean, and cynical you know? Thats' way to live. What's a good thing qwe shouldnt overlook in this thread?..Kiske is an awesome singer! I would LOVE to hear him doing metal, especially since his voice is more mature and controlled now. Do you or anyone know what he did in terms of vocal training? And does anyone know if he's done collaboration with Matos outside of Avantasia?

Dominick, my point was that there's always going to be some moron naysayer out there trying to make things hard on you. Especially if you're some sort of musician or singer. If he loves metal music itself, then he should've stuck with it.

There's no denying the guy's talent for sure. As for this release, I'm sure that it'll be good due to Kiske being a great vocalist. Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that he's going to turn classic powermetal songs into acoustic songs though? :zombie:

In that quote in the first post, Kiske didn't mention metal at all, and says it'll be an acoustic album. The songs will be re-arranged, and I bet he means he's going to arrange the metal right out of them, and have them fit an acoustic style. If that were the case it doesn't really sound like a flip-flop.

But since these are Helloween songs, it seems metal fans would be some of the ones most interested, so I can see the flip-flop argument there.

edgeofthorns said:
Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that he's going to turn classic powermetal songs into acoustic songs though? :zombie:

No you're not. I wish he'd crawl under a rock and stay there.

Empress said:
I wanted for a long time to meet him, but I think this guy is a true idiot.

Quote of the month.

It's not so much that Kiske can't walk away from metal. It's that he's not hard to talk into doing projects if you ask him nicely. None of these ideas(Place Vendome, Avantasia) came from his head unbidden. He was asked to do these projects and he agreed.

Although he may be confused about what he wants to do with his career, he is apparently still a great guy.

Braxil said:
The Brazilian metal blog heavy merdas once prophesized the tracklisting of the next Kiske album:

1. A Little Time Is Money
2. Heavy Metal Is Not The Law
3. Money Fly Free
4. Pink Moneys Go Ape
5. When The Dollar
6. A Money That Wasn't Right
7. Reach Out For The Money
8. How Many Dollars
9. Future World (A World That's Full Of Money)
10. I Want Money
11. Dollars Of Jericho
12. Keeper Of The Seven Dollars

Looks like they weren't too far off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MICHAEL KISKE Defends Decision To Re-Arrange/Re-Record HELLOWEEN Material

http://www.bravewords.com/news/53549

"Unfortunately the metal-world is full of people who bark and complain and bark and complain forever anyway, no matter what I do. They will always search for reasons to cry...."

"...metal these days means a lot of negativity, dogmatism and art-enemy-mentalities..."

"This is actually a big part of WHY I can't stand this scene anymore. They can't handle someone like me anyway..."

KingsGene said:
MICHAEL KISKE Defends Decision To Re-Arrange/Re-Record HELLOWEEN Material

http://www.bravewords.com/news/53549

"Unfortunately the metal-world is full of people who bark and complain and bark and complain forever anyway, no matter what I do. They will always search for reasons to cry...."

"...metal these days means a lot of negativity, dogmatism and art-enemy-mentalities..."

"This is actually a big part of WHY I can't stand this scene anymore. They can't handle someone like me anyway..."

Wow...

Without going into details about the whole article...it's obvious that it's poorly translated. Even allowing for the poor translation...what a load of shit.

What a fuckin' fruit loop this guy is.

That being said, I will be first in line to buy this album. I don't care what kind of music Michael releases...the guy's voice is gold...and so is anything he touches.

Such a paradox...(sigh)...

Rock on!

I agree 100% on what he says about a lot of the "Metal scene", but I didn't change my mind.

ashaman7122 said:
Wow...

Without going into details about the whole article...it's obvious that it's poorly translated. Even allowing for the poor translation...what a load of shit.

What a fuckin' fruit loop this guy is.

That being said, I will be first in line to buy this album. I don't care what kind of music Michael releases...the guy's voice is gold...and so is anything he touches.

Such a paradox...(sigh)...

Rock on!

With or without a "proper" translation...You get the essence of what hes saying..and you just proved what he said is true...As do others. IS the paradox..or rather, the contradiction his or yours?

Empress said:
I agree 100% on what he says about a lot of the "Metal scene", but I didn't change my mind.

Just curious to know why you think he's a "total idiot"? I mean like if he's a total idiot are you saying that only something idiotic can come from the guy? Like does that apply to his voice too?

Kiske has made deliberate changes to his style (no vibrato) in his solo projects now, he hasn't received any training recently as far as I know (or ever for that matter). Dominick, if you want to hear Matos and Kiske on the same cd I suggest you pick up Aina - Days of Rising Doom.

On the stuff he posted at Myspace I dont remember hearing vibrato, but he does it VERY well in his duet with Alexandra Liambos on the Thalion album in their duet..Encounter.

I'm a tremendous Kiske fan and have followed his career very closely, and I personally think his anti-metal attitude stems from 2 things.
1) Michael Weikath
2) Poor reception to Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon
Basically this guy got hugely disillusioned when Weikath fired him and created in his own mind this image of these satanic art-fascists who don't like him. Kiske has ALWAYS liked the music he did with Helloween (with a few exceptions), so saying this is some sort of hypocritical move on his part isn't exactly fair, but I don't think anyone doubts this is going to make him tons and tons of money.

I think youre very right but it goes a step further, which he's even written a book on the topic, is the attitude/mind set/worldview of a Michael Weikath..materialism. The root of all evil, the love of mammon, money.

What makes Kiske react one way to Weikath where as if he was treated better, with respect and care etc he wouldnt have reacted that way..With Materialism you start loving thing, and using people, instead of the reverse. And that makes a difference in ones views, and relationships..or lack thereof.

I think if he cared so much about money he would have done this all the sooner and not gone through the heart ache of resisting people try to push him back into it when he didn't want to, or hear metal fans diss him, or whatever else thats kept him from making the kind of money he knows he'd make if he were back in the metal scene. As you know from following his career, I think some things are more important to him than money. I agree with you that the hypocrisy charges are not fair.

OK, has Michael Kiske said some dumb things to the press?

Absolutely. So have plenty of other artists and celebrities.

Have the media and fans overreacted?

Definitely. If you love his music should it really matter what he said in some interview or what a website reported he supposedly said?

Is any of this going to stop me from checking out this CD when it comes out?

HELL NO!!! I absolutely can't wait to hear this! Michael Kiske is one of my favorite vocalists ever. I get chills every time I hear THAT VOICE! I also love acoustic music. Frontiers puts out some great music and if (hopefully) Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69) is involved producing this it will be awesome!

No and no. It has nothing to do with his voice. Why would I call someone an idiot for how they sing? He's a great singer and the Kiske-era Helloween RULED all. As a musician, there's nothing I can complain about.

I think it's very idiotic the things that he has said, and anyone can agree about that. It's not like I spit on him for it, it's just MY opinion.

Andy Laudano said:
OK, has Michael Kiske said some dumb things to the press?

Absolutely. So have plenty of other artists and celebrities.

Have the media and fans overreacted?

Definitely. If you love his music should it really matter what he said in some interview or what a website reported he supposedly said?

Is any of this going to stop me from checking out this CD when it comes out?

HELL NO!!! I absolutely can't wait to hear this! Michael Kiske is one of my favorite vocalists ever. I get chills every time I hear THAT VOICE! I also love acoustic music. Frontiers puts out some great music and if (hopefully) Dennis Ward (Pink Cream 69) is involved producing this it will be awesome!

Agreed, Frontiers is a cool label, they did give us "The Battle" after all. I wouldn't count on Ward producing Kiske albums though, I think that was just for Place Vendome since it was all Ward's music anyways.

Dominick_7 said:
With or without a "proper" translation...You get the essence of what hes saying..and you just proved what he said is true...As do others. IS the paradox..or rather, the contradiction his or yours?

What?