microXP/tinyXP

KeithTidd

Robot Penis.
Apr 26, 2008
Vallejo, CA
www.myspace.com
Anybody have any experience with either of these? I just got a new laptop and it has windows 7. So far I'm not a fan. Also pro tools 7.4 doesn't work in windows 7.

I'd really like to put xp on my laptop, but I've heard that these are "better" resource-wise. Has anyone used either of these? Did you have any issues with getting some programs to work? Would you recommend it?

Anybody have any experience with either of these? I just got a new laptop and it has windows 7. So far I'm not a fan. Also pro tools 7.4 doesn't work in windows 7.

I'd really like to put xp on my laptop, but I've heard that these are "better" resource-wise. Has anyone used either of these? Did you have any issues with getting some programs to work? Would you recommend it?

Yep, used them both.

I tried MicroXP first, but it is practically unusable straight out of the box cos its stripped way down.

TinyXP is the better option, ultra-light but still actually functional :)

I only have it on my Laptop these days since moving the Desktop machine over to OS X, but it performs pretty well.

I found that using Windows 7 on my desktop was a lot faster and more efficient than TinyXP.

While I've never run TinyXP, I can say that I do feel that Win 7 is much faster on hardware that is designed for it. It already is a pretty stripped down version in that it was designed from the ground up to only run pretty much necessary services and such. I pretty much feel that when you take a new system that was clearly designed to run Win 7 and possibly even x64 and put XP on it that you are almost crippling what it is capable of.