Midnight / Shitfucker / Wastelander - Aug 23

It is nuts with how big Midnight has gotten. My brother who is into punk and stuff even knows of them. He was telling me they have crossed over into that crowd now as well. Even the promoter booking the show posted last week that if he knew tickets would sell this fast he would have gotten a bigger place.

I am sure this will do well.

Midnight are one of those bands I haven't checked out too much, but based on any description I read about them, I probably should.

I dig everything they've done. One of those bands along with Saint Vitus that I almost always listen to while trashed. I don't really get why they are so popular either, but I don't really care either way.

who is all going??

Not me, though I expect this to be a slobber knocker for sure...

For those interested, I saw on FB that there are already 175 presales, and capacity is only 300.

I have been to the Beat Kitchen, and I can honestly say I have no idea how you could fit 300 people into the music room there.

In other words, if you plan to go, get a ticket ASAP!

from the facebook invite page...

For those of you that might be traveling for this show here are the proposed set times:
DOORS - 8:00pm // Show - 9:00pm
WASTELANDER - 9:00pm-9:45pm
SHITFUCKER - 10:15pm-11:00pm
MIDNIGHT - 11:30pm-Finish

Sorry, I am sure you will miss me so...

My buddy Marc and his wife are in this weekend from Nashville and we are getting together with a group of peeps.

This one was never high on my list of gigs I was planning on going to, but as I said, primarily from not beeing too familiar with the bands....

Review

Wastelander - Really good guitar player, awesome drummer (Ian S. from High Spirits; he had a steel drum and roto toms), overall really not my cup of tea musically.
Shitfucker - One of the worst bands I have ever seen. Went outside after 15 minutes. The singer wore a cape which was kind of cool. He also did a David Defeis "ooooooooooh" once which was unexpected.
Midnight - Super intense. You could tell this was the band that people came to see. Stage diving, crowd surfing...and they sounded perfect. All of the other bands I thought had muddy sound but Midnight sounded super clear and precise even as they were obliterating the stage. I just wish they would have played longer than 40-45 minutes.

Shitfucker was not bad....just too much of the same thing. I loved how the guy wore the total metal look with the vest but then had the cloak also like it was an after thought.

It was great to see the place go nuts for Midnight. The fat girl stage diving mad the night. It seemed Midnight played the shortest of all three bands.