Midwest Metal Anthem Aug. 24th & 25th

This is going to be a great time! I missed powerfest so I will have to do double the amount of partying at this one!!! my mission will be to get Rob from 12th Gate fall down, puke on himself drunk! Swwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiinnnnnneee!

OK, back on topic for a second....

The first 6 bands are confirmed:

EDEN’S FALL
SACRED DAWN
BAVMORDA
RAVENSTHORN
SOULS DEMISE
ANCIENT CREATION

Nice. Don't know Souls Demise or Ancient Creation. I left before Ravensthorn last time, so I'll try to catch them this time.

But, now that Al from Bavmorda cut his hair, is he allowed to be the singer for a metal band? I'd keep an eye on Bavmorda. And althought I still don't know what it's about, I think Vince Kelly needs to be told to hide the BBQ sauce.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Division, Enertia, and Gracepoint :)

Ken

Ok here’s the sticky BBQ story, although it was a lot funnier when we were all drunk.

During Powerfest weekend around midday Saturday, I was in my room with my friend Danowar and we were drinking some brews watching t.v. and I was eating some BBQ chicken wings from Dominos, as soon as I was finished I wanted to use the restroom so I just got up and said out loud:

“I need to go take a leak, although I should probably wash my hands first, I don’t want to end up having a Sticky BBQ Dick!!!”

Thank you that is all. :headbang:

Jose...you're cruising for a trimmin' yourself, big boy. *brandishes a pair of giant scisors*

Though in Al's defense, he DID donate his hair to Locks of Love. Donating hair for cancer patients is metal. So by that action alone, he retains his metal status. ;)

Jose...you're cruising for a trimmin' yourself, big boy. *brandishes a pair of giant scisors*

Though in Al's defense, he DID donate his hair to Locks of Love. Donating hair for cancer patients is metal. So by that action alone, he retains his metal status. ;)

Many props for the donation.

My hair is fine and still growing and I plan to keep it that way. :mad:

BTW, I'm a bit ashamed to say this actually but this will be my very first time seeing Eden's Fall, I listened to the cd when it came out for about a month so I cannot wait! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I too have never seen Eden's Fall.
I missed them a couple summers back at JJ Kelly's when they played with GateXII and Nov Doom, since it took me like 2 1/2 hours to find the damn place!!!!

And yes, their CD is indeed quite stellar!

So this is cool:

A friend of mine in Vienna saw the blabbermouth article about the Midwest Metal Anthem, e-mailed me and said "Hey, isn't Bavmorda the band your boyfriend sings in? That's so cool that they're on blabbermouth!"

So of course I had to reply and tell him about it. And try to convince him to fly to the US for the Metal Anthem. :D So now even people overseas know about the Anthem and the bands playing it! WIN!

So this is cool:

A friend of mine in Vienna saw the blabbermouth article about the Midwest Metal Anthem, e-mailed me and said "Hey, isn't Bavmorda the band your boyfriend sings in?

That's funny, I got an email that said:
"Hey, isn't Bavmorda the band that the singer looks like Jerry Seinfeld?" :p

I too have never seen Eden's Fall.
I missed them a couple summers back at JJ Kelly's when they played with GateXII and Nov Doom, since it took me like 2 1/2 hours to find the damn place!!!!

And yes, their CD is indeed quite stellar!

I remember that! There was construction going on everywhere, it was a nightmare! It just goes to show that there are only two seasons in Chicago, winter and road repair!!!

This year's Anthem should be interesting, it will be the new guitarist's first live show with us and we should be debuting a couple of new songs! :headbang: