Mikael and Peter

clayman666

Master Apprentice
Jun 3, 2002
Indiana, U.S.
Visit site
I was wondering if any of you knew about Mikael and Peters background as far as if they went to college or took music classes or any reason why there such great musicians with such diversity........

this question came about cuz i had my mom listen to "Silhouette" and she asked me the same question.

Usually theory and guitar go hand-in-hand, especially when it comes to private tutoring. Peter may have got some training, as there's all this talk of him in University and doing Physics Engineering or something... so he may have taken music sometime in high school or something along those lines.

if akerfeldt took lessons for two years, he knows a thing or two about theory, if his teacherwas any good at least. all my guitar teacher talks about is theory, because it relates perfectly to learning scales all over the neck starting from any string. like how if you play e minor its the same as playing g major starting on the sixth, and so forth.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
i tend to think the same, moonlapse. and peter is still in college by the way...the two martins, too.

What do you mean by 'still in college'? I honestly thought they were all way to old still be in their college days, but I just realized that I really have no clue how old they are...