Mikael Alerfeldt in the G3 ...??!

their best work imo would be their middle-phase material. check out in memory (that's an ep with about 25 minutes), politics of ecstasy (their thrashiest stuff) and dremaing neon black (quite melodic)...but remember that he's way more song-orientated solo-guitarists.

G3 is just showcasing a load of wankers who focus more on technical shit than actually writing good music.

TheApostle said:
this is why when people say dream theater is awesome, i dont understand that.. because its just a basic song ripped to pieces by fast pointless guitar solos and keyboard solos...

Different strokes for different folks, people. What you may not "get" or merely don't appreciate doesn't make it any less legitimate. I don't ever buy the argument that "shredders" don't use any emotion or feeling in their playing or that it's all pointless (surely this can be true, but according to some, this would be the rule, not the exception). 300 BPM lightspeed solos and slug-slow simple "emotive" playing are both equally valid.

That being said I love both styles of playing. They each have their own niche and I appreciate the both of them together moreso than I would separately.

As far as Mikael playing in G3, that would be one hell of a stark contrast and maybe not a good fit. Loomis would rip it up though.

Muhammad from Necrophagist should go on G3 - hes the only person imo who can make 10000 notes per second, sweep picking, and lots of harmonic minor scales something listenable and entertaining - fatsteen sucks compared to him

Pseud0 said:
Muhammad from Necrophagist should go on G3 - hes the only person imo who can make 10000 notes per second, sweep picking, and lots of harmonic minor scales something listenable and entertaining - fatsteen sucks compared to him

I had never heard Necrophagist until just now when you mentioned them, since it motivated me to go download a song. Awesome stuff. I think I'll get an album soon. Thanks dude.

Pseud0 said:
Agreed, Suicmez is the best shredder ever, behind Becker ofcourse. I absolutely love how clean and fluent every single solo of his is. If there's anyone to become the next Chuck Schuldiner, it's this guy - his riffs definitely rival Chuck's, his vocals are much more aggressive and evil, and is actually a better player and writer of scales & sweeps. Fermented Offal Discharge has been my favourite solo of all time for almost 4 years.

^ personally, i can't get over the ignomious and pale solo - its amazing

my favorite of his riffs (and one of the best death metal riffs ever written) is the main one in intestinal incubation (at 8 seconds in) - i was literally saying holy shit when i first heard that. Im going to go buy both albums when i wake up tommorow