Mikael on the new Ihsahn album track available on youtube...

Still not majorly impressed by the album. It's good, don't get me wrong... But i consider it a step down from The Adversary.. Less adventurous and generally sticks to the same pace.

I just realized how incredibly good Mikael's growls are, listening to the two of them at once. :kickass:

Still not majorly impressed by the album. It's good, don't get me wrong... But i consider it a step down from The Adversary.. Less adventurous and generally sticks to the same pace.
^same. While it has it's moments, I listened to the adversary twice since it's release and it does feel a lot less adventurous as you say.

Thats a good thing, i think. The previous album was too much all over the place. The new one is still varied enough. And Mikael does a really good job on this track.

^Yeah unhealer was a definite highlight of the album. Plus I will say Ihsahn wrote well for his voice. He often doesn't sound anywhere near as good when he is singing something he didn't write himself. But it sounded natural and fitting to his voice imo.

Yeah, Mikael did the job well, but i wonder if Ihsahn wrote the vocalmelodies for him. It sounds like it, uh... - could have been - a little high for Mikael, thats why i'm wondering.

Its not, though - he does it flawlessly.

Wow, very nice i've never heard this band before but ill definetly look into them

listen to emperor: prometheus, the demise of fire and flame, thats ihsahns old band, amazing imo
i loved unhealer, its a great track, i love ihsahn, havent heard all of the adversary, the pain is still mine was a great track, i dunno, ill probably end up buying this one

since Angl is out, we can listen also normal version of that song, not that youtube awful crap.
I must say this is really great track and very nice vocal job from Mike.... well OK, it´s fucking incredible!!! :headbang: :worship: