Mikael: When is your next UK tour?

Jimmy Logan

spooge monkey
Hey, Mikael. Hope you reply to this:

I am from the UK and me and all my mates are so annoyed that we have to miss our favourite band play at the Download Festival just because we have an important exam the very next day!!

I know you don't come to the UK much with you being Metal's answer to ABBA, (Just kidding!) but my question is: When will be coming to the UK again? It is our aim in life to see you guys live!!

Stay brilliant,
from Jimmy

P.S. When you come back could you please play Black Rose Immortal? I know it is long but it is our favourite song!

You see, i was gonna go to see opeth at download, and then leave straight after, but it worked out to over 70£, and im guessing opeths set would be 30 mins or so, so id be paying about 5£ a minute of Opeth, what with traveling and all, so i cant be asked. oh well, MFN suck balls.

They should take plenty of time to write and put together their songs, especially with the new keyboard stuff in it. They shouldn't rush like Deliverance, and throw it together in the studio. Mikael said it himself, that he'd try to have all the stuff done before booking a studio... I think nothing but good will come of that!

After the new album, they'll give a new tour I s'pose.

Fuck your exams man, Go see Opeth :headbang:

Just kidding! School is fairly important i geuss & there will be plenty of other chances to see Opeth live in the future.

As for asking Mikael to play ''Black Rose Immortal'' the next time they tour the UK. I'm not even going to say what the chances of them playing that song live again would be..

Jimmy Logan said:
Hey, Mikael. Hope you reply to this:

I know you don't come to the UK much with you being Metal's answer to ABBA, (Just kidding!) but my question is: When will be coming to the UK again? It is our aim in life to see you guys live!!
If your aim in life is to see Opeth live, then how can you use your exam as an excuse. Exams come along all the time, Opeth happens but once...or wait, is it the other way around.

jaykeegan said:
Fuck your exams man, Go see Opeth :headbang:

Just kidding! School is fairly important i geuss & there will be plenty of other chances to see Opeth live in the future.

As for asking Mikael to play ''Black Rose Immortal'' the next time they tour the UK. I'm not even going to say what the chances of them playing that song live again would be..
What, they've played BRI live before??...fuck, get me the mp3 now.

they can't put an exam as an excuse. Go and see Opeth live: you'll see Opeth next time in about one and a half years, and I guess you'll have to write many more exams, and they're so boring... Otherwise, don't say seeing Opeth is what you aim at in life!

Cutter said:
What, they've played BRI live before??...fuck, get me the mp3 now.

Yeah, Mikael said in an interview that i read that they had played ''Black Rose Immortal'' once before, But they cut it down to around 14-16 minutes (Not 100% sure on that but i know they did a shorter version of it). But i am also lead to believe that they have also played it a second time, According to ''Moonlapse''.

Demoke said:
they can't put an exam as an excuse. Go and see Opeth live: you'll see Opeth next time in about one and a half years, and I guess you'll have to write many more exams, and they're so boring... Otherwise, don't say seeing Opeth is what you aim at in life!

Okay I admit I was sorta exaggerating, but they are like my fav band and I need to see them some time or another. Exams are fuckin boring but cud mean the difference between being able to afford seeing Opeth or not! (exaggerating again)

I heard mikael in an interview say they wouldnt do black rose immortal live, for its too long, and too many parts and he said that frankly hes not even sure if he remembers how to play them all anymore or knows the order of the parts anyway. but i could also be mistaken about this. :confused:

i've got that demo thingy where they BRI, but its called something else because its slightly different. but i also think it was a rehersal session thingy before a gig, it was from 1993 and someone had it somewhere on the net to download along with loads of other shit, i wonder what the adress is, i forget.