Mike & Peter's guitars

A king in your own mind.

Anyway.....Opeth has been discussed far too often here, this forum should be closed.....and I am a mongoloid:zombie:
Do you even realise how silly you sound?

illidurit said:
the fact that this forum has been around for years and years means that there actually is very little to talk about, and that it is necessary to kill threads that discuss topics that have been rehashed a hundred times

and if you don't like it there's a simple solution, don't bother reading it

:pwned:

wow Shadows, 1666 posts :headbang:

illidurit said:
the fact that this forum has been around for years and years means that there actually is very little to talk about, and that it is necessary to kill threads that discuss topics that have been rehashed a hundred times

and if you don't like it there's a simple solution, don't bother reading it

:pwned:

I agree with Treitan, There come new users to the forum with different opinions all the time, if you have seen it all before then go somewhere else.
sorry for off topic

Mikael and Peter have tapped into something WAY beyond technical prowess.Musically,Opeth bring me to many different places.What I mean by this is,although there is(technical and sonic) brilliance beyond comprehension in all of the bands sounds,I don't believe that is solely what they are striving for.Opeth songs are ,for me,like a beautiful painting.Almost every time I listen,I hear a subtle nuance I haven't heard before.Satriani,Vai,so fucking what,they shred,they noodle.Not taking anything away from these guys but nothing has ever blown me away like Opeth.

Before you judge me as "fanboy" or whatever,I assure that I am not.I've been playing guitar since I was14...25 years now,all of those original metal and studio work with some "name" bands.Nobody...and I mean nobody, can touch Opeth.Musically,lyrically or any other way.

this thread is retarded, how good is mike a singer, is he as good as pavorotti or does he have a way to go....
you probbaly dont know shit about guitar playing because if you did, you would know that there are different styles

Was this thread started by a guitarst? Cus it's a very strange discussion....obviously Mike and Peter don't belong among Vai, Satriani and the like! They play some nice solos and the music is slightly technical from time to time, but it's not in the same category as the virituosos, and will never be. That being said I dig both what Opeth are doing guitar-wise and what Steve Vai is doing (however, I'd live without Satriani or Malmsteen any day)

L0bster said:
Was this thread started by a guitarst? Cus it's a very strange discussion....obviously Mike and Peter don't belong among Vai, Satriani and the like! They play some nice solos and the music is slightly technical from time to time, but it's not in the same category as the virituosos, and will never be. That being said I dig both what Opeth are doing guitar-wise and what Steve Vai is doing (however, I'd live without Satriani or Malmsteen any day)

Agreed. Especially on the last part.

Look...

1st: Mikael has the "mind" and the "vision".

2nd: Vai, Satriani etc. have the "fingers".

3rd: The question is: Do you prefer the "inspirational" musician OR the super-duper technical guitarist?

4th: The best guitar player is Andy Timmons from Police <-- check this if u want