MIKE STONE LEAVES QUEENSRYCHE...TIME FOR THE RETURN OF DEGARMO?

He can fly my ass around any day. :loco:

**Aren't you Mrs. Jon Drenning now? Why doesn't your husband fly your ass around?, LOL , I mean...audition for Queensryche? Jon would bring them back to their top game...Jon would be the ultimate replacement!:headbang:

**Aren't you Mrs. Jon Drenning now? Why doesn't your husband fly your ass around?, LOL , I mean...audition for Queensryche? Jon would bring them back to their top game...Jon would be the ultimate replacement!:headbang:

:lol:
Uh.............. :lol:
That's just a rather funny and random, though mildly disturbing, mental image.

As far as Jon doing QR, I mentioned their "Guitarless-in-Seattle" status.
We'll see how that goes.

From a fan standpoint:
I agree that he'd bring a unique flavor to QR without straying too far from what we came to expect of those guys before things took a turn.
I think it would be interesting to see what would come of such a combination of east coast-meets-west coast old-school prog metal.

Plus it would be great for him to play alongside a gifted vocalist who isn't COMPLETELY batshit crazy. :erk:

I just paid a visit to the QR myspace blog regarding the departure of Mike Stone...I need to vent really quick about this...:bah:

I go through these phases every so often where I find myself at odds mentally with my fellow fans:
You see (and I swear to God my brain just developed a million new wrinkles from cramping over this garbage), most of our fandom and blather is totally overlooked by the band...not because they're a bunch of dickheads, but because THEY NEVER SEE IT TO BEGIN WITH.

It's like letters to Santa, man...

We know that Queensryche has a very close relationship with their fans and that's really superb and all...but for the love of Christ can we please have a little less of the e-chants for Chris De*f'in*Garmo to come back??:puke:

All these people are screaming for DeGarmo, DeGarmo, DeGarmo, and what they haven't stopped to consider is that, Hi! :wave: Maybe DeGarmo doesn't want to come back.
Maybe he, much like other former musical idols, is happier doing what he's doing now, however menial it may seem to us.

I can see it now:
*cue whimsical harp chords and gaussian mist*

DeGarmo won't be the replacement, and everyone will get their collective knickers in a twist and blow up the forums with talk of how Queensryche are a bunch of chip-shouldered fascists for not "letting" DeGarmo come back.:Smug:

It's not like Tate and Co. will see the multitudes of fans chanting for DeGarmo's triumphant return and collectively agree that it shall be so.
I guarantee that Queensryche thought about DeGarmo, even if only for a nanosecond, way before any of the fans did.

Can't they all just have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up for five minutes?
Wait to see what will happen?
Maybe?

One other thing:
Am I the only one who thinks that posting bids for the job IN THE BLOG about Mike's departure is completely retarded?
It's like finding out that the hot chick down the street that you always dreamed of banging just got dumped by her boyfriend, and showing up on her doorstep with a bottle of cheap liquor in one hand and your dick in the other. :err:
It looks desperate and stupid, especially when you consider that the myspace blog is the last place the band will be looking for a replacement.

...Wow, I feel so much better now! :kickass:

I just paid a visit to the QR myspace blog regarding the departure of Mike Stone...I need to vent really quick about this...:bah:

I go through these phases every so often where I find myself at odds mentally with my fellow fans:
You see (and I swear to God my brain just developed a million new wrinkles from cramping over this garbage), most of our fandom and blather is totally overlooked by the band...not because they're a bunch of dickheads, but because THEY NEVER SEE IT TO BEGIN WITH.

It's like letters to Santa, man...

We know that Queensryche has a very close relationship with their fans and that's really superb and all...but for the love of Christ can we please have a little less of the e-chants for Chris De*f'in*Garmo to come back??:puke:

All these people are screaming for DeGarmo, DeGarmo, DeGarmo, and what they haven't stopped to consider is that, Hi! :wave: Maybe DeGarmo doesn't want to come back.
Maybe he, much like other former musical idols, is happier doing what he's doing now, however menial it may seem to us.

I can see it now:
*cue whimsical harp chords and gaussian mist*

DeGarmo won't be the replacement, and everyone will get their collective knickers in a twist and blow up the forums with talk of how Queensryche are a bunch of chip-shouldered fascists for not "letting" DeGarmo come back.:Smug:

It's not like Tate and Co. will see the multitudes of fans chanting for DeGarmo's triumphant return and collectively agree that it shall be so.
I guarantee that Queensryche thought about DeGarmo, even if only for a nanosecond, way before any of the fans did.

Can't they all just have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up for five minutes?
Wait to see what will happen?
Maybe?

One other thing:
Am I the only one who thinks that posting bids for the job IN THE BLOG about Mike's departure is completely retarded?
It's like finding out that the hot chick down the street that you always dreamed of banging just got dumped by her boyfriend, and showing up on her doorstep with a bottle of cheap liquor in one hand and your dick in the other. :err:
It looks desperate and stupid, especially when you consider that the myspace blog is the last place the band will be looking for a replacement.

...Wow, I feel so much better now! :kickass:

****HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! This is bt far thee best reply to any forum EVER. And I agree 100% with EVERYTHING you said here! "Have a coke and a smile" and shit F*** up", LOLOLOLOLOL...I still say this.......Jon would be the ultimate choice from a fan stand point and just a common sense view. can you imagine Drenning and Wilton writing together????? OH MY GODDD!:worship:

They are a bunch of chip-shouldered fascists for selling out many years ago...just to set the record straight.:err:

Hmm.
I don't know that selling out makes them chip-shouldered fascists...actually by the sound of it, I would think that by selling out years ago it made the majority of their fans a bunch of chip-shouldered fascists.
However, none of this changes the fact that the term "chip-shouldered fascists" is fun to use in forums. :kickass:

I think the Ryche should persue a veteran with mega skills and a unique style such as Michael Angelo Batio or maybe Joe Satriani.It would be extremely interesting and undoubtedly take them to even higher highs.Afterall,they can literally play anything tossed at them and own a proven following just like the Ryche.DeGarmo was cool and Mike Stone really did great under the circumstances-Kelly Gray was okay too considering...but...Batio would throw a whole new twist into things and I think make all new magic for the band and its followers.Just food for thought....Hey,you reading this Geoff??!!:err:

From a pure talent perspective , Jon Drenning is the obvious choice 100%. Can anyone really argue with that?....No, not really right.....We would all be stoked if it came to fruition. The connection has to be made....unless Jon is not interested? Picture QR playing "Masque of the red death" live....HOLY MOTHER FUCKER, that would make me cream my jeans!

From a pure talent perspective , Jon Drenning is the obvious choice 100%. Can anyone really argue with that?....No, not really right.....We would all be stoked if it came to fruition. The connection has to be made....unless Jon is not interested? Picture QR playing "Masque of the red death" live....HOLY MOTHER FUCKER, that would make me cream my jeans!

I'd love to see Jon lending his sizable talents to Queensryche. Crimson Glory was one of my favorite bands. I could see a very nice fit with Jon's playing and Queensryche's.

Yeah. For what it's worth, I vote for Jon Drenning!

Bill

Well, from an unbiased perspective (yes, I am capable of that), I would think that Jon is a great fit because of the similarities in musical stylings.
The writing, the melodies, even conceptually speaking.
Queensryche needs someone who's more than a "shredder."
People like Loomis or Batio would be interesting...but that's not the kind of guitar styling that we've come to expect from Queensryche.
Jon can shred with the best of them; any Crimson Glory fan knows that, but he can also play the instrument, you know?
Of course he's interested, but he's been doing this for a long time and he knows better than to lose sleep over it.
If Queensryche wants to look at Jon as a potential replacement for Mike, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

Agreed. But how will Queesnryche hear about Jon, Mrs. D? Is someone telling them about him being ready, willing, and able?

Bill

Queensryche is already rehearsing for their tour, which starts in April. I believe they have a replacement chosen, and just have not released their name to the public.

There are speculation discussions at www.anybodylistening.net, which lead most to believe that it is one of the guitarists who toured with Geoff on his solo tour last fall, and is also engaged to Geoff's daughter...

Rumors are that they spoke with Chris Caffery, however turned him down due to financial issues/price. Personally, I'd like to see a well-known guy like him jump in and tear it up with Whip, but so be it.

Whoa, wait a minute! Do you mean that the band turned Caffery down due to his price being too high? That's interesting if that's true.

~Brian~

I don't know if it's true or not, but it was mentioned on the forums at anybodylistening.net.

http://www.anybodylistening.net/breakdownroom/index.php?topic=878.msg11775#msg11775

Either way, the band is already rehearsing with a replacement. So the DeGarmo returning/wishlist of replacements doesn't really matter anymore.

I think the band confirmed on their website that Kelly Grey would not be touring with them as a guitarist, so it's not him either.