mike's best vocal performance

other great vocalists: mike patton, bruce dickinson, eric adams, björk, alison goldfrapp, holly cole, jay jay johanson, jeff buckley, jon oliva, joss stone,

Warrel Dane is also good. And I liked Matt Barlow on first listen, but quickly grew tired. He's overdoing it. Tim Aymar is better.

Then again, Pavarotti pwns them all.

Greely is even better.:headbang:

Warrel Dane??? Yikes!!!:cry:

The vocals on Porcelain Heart are superb. I really do have a few problems with the song, but overall it's ground I've never heard him break before.

Growls on Unblessing the Purity are fucking brewtal.

I reckon his DM vocals are best in Bloodbath, can't decide if I prefer them on Resurrection or Unblessing The Purity though. But if we're talking about just Opeth, then I think Deliverance for DM vox and Ghost Reveries for clean, despite the fact that it's far from my favourite Opeth album. I haven't listened to Watershed yet but it seems that people are raving about his clean vocals on that, so I'll look forward to hearing them.

===

Mikael's vocals in Bloodbath, especially on "Unblessing the Purity", remind me of Chris Barnes vocals in Six Feet Under.

In though I gotta say that Chris's vocals sound "monstrously" more brutal than Mikael's.
Just the way they are deeply rasped out you know?

===

Last edited by a moderator:
Best growls in Opeth I think is Serenity Painted Death.
Unblessing The Purity is something else though, crushing.

Other good growlers in the vain of Mike that hasnt allready been mentioned are Henri Villberg (while he was in Rapture), Anders Jacobsson in Draconian, Tomi Joutsen in Amorphis.

Clean vocalists is harder, but Vincent Cavanagh is really good.

@flemflames: I couldnt hear a word of that dude in SFU, imo hes not even in the same league as most of the dudes mentioned here.

Mike's best, hmmm....

Growls: Whole GR and BLAAAAASTING ZE VIRGIIIIINBOOOORN!!!
Clean: Whole GR and Damnation

(I won't hear Watershed until the 3rd of June :loco: )