mike's fastest solo

I guess it is all a matter of taste. For some people, speed is obviously a good (great?) thing, and for others it is irrelevant.

Personally I like Mikael's style, because he has a rather wide pallete to work from, from the fingerpicking to the melodic leads to the interesting riff construction. I played in a band where we had a great, intricate and fast lead player but he couldn't write a riff to save his life and always wanted to solo way too often, which made he's solos lose their impact after a while because it just seemed like another blur of notes. (Yes, I have always prefered the more melodic playing). And in regards to the whole practice arguement, I have tended to find most people eventually fall into a nice comfortable niche for themselves when they stop trying to ape their idols, a style that feels comfortable and works for them).

Noticed Mike mentioned Tommy Emmanuel - now that guy is an unbelievable guitar player.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Mike's fastest solo.
But hey guys.. that's not how you judge your music..
Let's do a fair judgment on this.

I'll take something that is pleasing to the ear and congruent to the structure and mood/feel of the song over something technically proficient and/or fast and technical for the sake of being technically fast any day.