Tribute to Mike's Clean voice

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
I'm listening to Ayreon actually. the song betrayal off of the Human Equation... But good god, Mike's clean vocals are pretty much unmatched in my book, i just can't get enough of them. I love his death vox too, dont get me wrong, but im pretty much addicted to his clean vocals. Anyone else absolutely love mike's clean vocals?

Mike's clean vocals are incredible. Songs like Remember Tomorrow and Hours of Wealth couldn't sound anywhere near as good with Mike's vox. And they're only getting better so I can't wait for Opeth IX.

BurningSky said:
I'm listening to Ayreon actually. the song betrayal off of the Human Equation... But good god, Mike's clean vocals are pretty much unmatched in my book, i just can't get enough of them. I love his death vox too, dont get me wrong, but im pretty much addicted to his clean vocals. Anyone else absolutely love mike's clean vocals?

~ I hear you. I enjoy both his death and clear vox. I think he is the best at doing both.

mike would have to be my favorite vocalist. probably and mostly because of the emotional value opeth has for me, but he really has an undeniably beautiful voice. he may not be the best vocalist in technical terms, but he really knows how to pour his heart and soul into his music, and also has the gift to make the listener feel what he feels.

biggsy said:
dirge for november, the beginning is incredible. heaps of people juts laugh coz you can hear him breathing through his nostrils but the voice has SO much emotion in it.

dirge is my favorite opeth song. i love how you can hear everything. the deep breaths that he purposely takes only adds more to the lyrics.

today i took part in a tribute to mikes clean vocals, i had my friends father play several opeth tracks at his coffee shop, and people on the street were like "wow that sounds beautiful" as they were walking by....old people and all, the tracks that were played were Hours of Wealth,Dirge for November,Mordet I Grottan,and Soldier Of Fortune.

haha, they looked like this...
Me_2Guys.jpg

lol, thats him when he spotted the guys in times square

its my friends father, when he saw opeth walking around times square a week or two back..the same guy who played peth in his coffee shop