Mike's last interview

I thought the Enslaved-Opeth tour was an amazing occurance... A TOOL - Opeth show would be godly, unprecedented, the woodstock of the 21st century...

I thought the Enslaved-Opeth tour was an amazing occurance... A TOOL - Opeth show would be godly, unprecedented, the woodstock of the 21st century...

godly indeed. The only thing is that they would probably fight over who would headline and Ive noticed from the many times Ive seen Tool, they get shit bands to open for them to make their performance look better while Opeth brings in good bands to open for them. The only time I can think of Tool having a good band open for them was Meshuggah for about 2 weks in 2001 after that its been pretty shitty.

godly indeed. The only thing is that they would probably fight over who would headline and Ive noticed from the many times Ive seen Tool, they get shit bands to open for them to make their performance look better while Opeth brings in good bands to open for them. The only time I can think of Tool having a good band open for them was Meshuggah for about 2 weks in 2001 after that its been pretty shitty.

What about Isis?

Hahaha. Mike is prejudiced against Hiphop.
Some of the questions were a little annoying, but overall it was amusing to watch.

Haha, does Mike actually know the kind of shit that went down in the second wave black metal scene Gorgoroth is a part of? Much worse than hip-hop.

I'm not saying there hasn't been malicious deeds happening in the rap genre. However; there are rotten apples advocating stupid behaviour, in every genre. Having said that. Mike speaks out about Hiphop exact the same way as people sometimes perceive metal. Same clichés, just faced towards the other direction.

Though it really cracked me up when he talked about how kids that listen to hiphop, buy guns and want to be like pimps. Hahaha. It has a very dangerous effect on todays youths. Compared to singning about aberrant sexuality, and justifying church burnings, and elitistic philosophy.