Mikey Was Right!

JesusChristPose

Logic Dictates
Oct 20, 2001
Pittsburgh, Pa
Mike Akerfeldt stated once in an interview how he felt about Porcupine Tree's music...that he highly respects and enjoys it.

His opinion was right on target.

I just received Porucpine Tree's cd, in absentia, yesterday and have been listening to it all day today...it is fantastic.

Mikey knows his music.

In Absentia is one of the best record released this year...
Only ISIS - Oceanic and Agalloch - The Mantle top it IMO.

Considering that statement to be an opinion, here's mine: ISIS is superior than Porcupine Tree...or at least, alot more appealing to me...as for Agalloch, I would'nt say they're better but for some reasons, I enjoy The Mantle more than In Absentia.

Don't get me wrong, I totally love Porcupine Tree...the band is simply brilliant and inspiring.

Thanks for the info changso...since you introduced me to Agalloch, and after reading the reviews of Agalloch's Mantle on Amazon.com, I decided to purchase it.

I'll let you you know what I think of it after I receive it.

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Thanks for the info changso...since you introduced me to Agalloch, and after reading the reviews of Agalloch's Mantle on Amazon.com, I decided to purchase it.

I'll let you you know what I think of it after I receive it.

Excellent choice dude!! You'll not regret it...
I'll wait for your feedback.

Originally posted by Darkness Falls
I just cant get into Wilson vocals ,and it seems like he uses many effects and sounds to cover up the "lack" of music. On the new release anyway havent heard older material.

'Lack' of music? I don't really have any idea what you could possibly be referring to here. 'Lack of music'.....wtf? A perplexing comment for sure.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion tho I spose. *shrugs*

I agree with you Static. What the fuck is he talking about, lack of music? There is much music taking place in that cd...I have not listened to anything else since the evening of two nights ago...It is truly a fantastic cd.

Don't get me wrong, Darkness Falls, I am not trying to change your mind, nor do I think it is necessary or feasible for everyone to enjoy a particular band's music, but to say that PT's music lacks music, makes no sense to me.

Originally posted by JesusChristPose
Don't get me wrong, Darkness Falls, I am not trying to change your mind, nor do I think it is necessary or feasible for everyone to enjoy a particular band's music, but to say that PT's music lacks music, makes no sense to me.

Same with me...