Milano DVD

snuffcarl

Apr 23, 2007
I know a DVDthread already exist, however, i think its suitable to start a new thread since alot of things have changed since the last one and that it is actually different material meant to be release than when the rumours started... =) As we all know, the recordnings mentiod above ended up on the extended version of fiction.

Has anyone seen any clips recorded for the dvd? Ive seen the cam from youtube which isnt bad quality, promising for the dvd. Isnt it wierd that no official releasedate has been set?? (alt. im just blind) Im starting to think they should change label... =)

I saw the gig, does that count?

And no, i don't think it's weird. It was only recorded about a month ago, i think it's kind of early to set an exact release date. I'm sure that when things have progressed with the production or whatever a DVD needs in order to be released, and they have a concrete idea of when it will be ready, and they have made their arrangements with CM, they will let us know.

Plus they need to make sure certain company logo doesn't steal the show. :Smug:

But yeah, a release date would be nice and all, but knowing how perfectionistic the band-members are, I don't believe the DVD will be out before the next summer anyway.

In all things DT, patience is a virtue.

-Villain

As long as it doesn't take two years to release like Opeth's latest DVD... after listening to Insanity's Crescendo (studio version) I can't wait for this new DVD!

if it's anything like the recordings on the fiction dvd, it will be fucking awesome. That was some of the coolest camera work i've seen for a live recording, it really added to the songs

Also that opeth dvd delay was ridiculous =\

On the Dark Tranquillity website:

As most of you know, we'll release our second DVD later this year, recorded at the Rolling Stone in Milan, Italy. The preview footage we've seen looks absolutely killer, and the material is currently being edited by the good folks of Vasara films in Finland. More info on this will follow in the near future.

Hopefully the editing is good, and not of the kind that leaves the viewer disoriented and unable to focus on a single band member. What's more, I hope there will be plenty of shots of Brändström and Jivarp.

After the negative things I heard about their first DVD, I'm sure Dark Tranquillity will release a brilliant second DVD.

I can guarantee that the audience in Milan was a lot better than in Krakow so the DVD should turn out very well.

the problem with the first dvd was zero crowd participation and some terrible flicking and flashing of the lights which should have been edited out or reduced.performance wise it was fine.

The same company did Moonspell DVD, and guess what? It has the same video/sound synch problems, and that's 6 years later! Ouch.

:D
Could it be a double-DVD set with interviews , MV and other clips ?

Since DT utilized video projections, I wonder if we can get a short animated film ... :cool::cool:

proj_4.jpg