Milano DVD

FIRST: I think that all threads about the concert should be fused into one, the forum is becoming a mess. Do we still have a moderator?

The primary purpose of MESS is to preserve decades of computer and console history. As technology continues to progress, MESS prevents these vintage systems from being lost and forgotten.

Multi Emulator Super System (MESS) is an emulator for many computer systems

I think mess is a great thing

As for our esteemed moderators, they are the best of the best there are none better

As for the DVD, just hope I don't have to wait 2 months for it to be available
as the CD re-issues were, for the good people/fans from the USA -

As for the DVD, just hope I don't have to wait 2 months for it to be available as the CD re-issues were, for the good people/fans from the USA -

Unfortunately, the US edition will be released a bit (not 2 months though) later than the Euro one. Century media didn't want this to happen, but their main distributor there has way longer lead time than the European one, and since not all components of the DVD are 100% ready yet, it was inevitable. I think it'll be out 2-3 weeks later in the US.

I just woke up and now I get all this new great info. I should wake up more often, maybe I can get myself to do it twice a day from now on.

After a lot of work, we're proud to announce that the "Where Death Is Most Alive" DVD will see the light of day on October 26th, 2009 in Europe and November 17th, 2009 in North America via Century Media Records. This little baby took quite some time to deliver, but when you'll see the scope and quality of the material, you'll understand why it wasn't done over a fortnight.

Our first official DVD, "Live damage" (2002), was OK for its time, but hardly spectacular, so this time we wanted to make sure that we could offer people something more substantial that would live up to the high expectations. For the main feature, we had our headline show in Milano last October professionally documented by Finnish production company Vasara Films. As expected, they did a stellar job with both the filming and editing and really managed to capture the vibe of the evening. Italy is home to some of the most devoted and enthusiastic D.T. fans on earth, something which is very obvious from the footage. The show is the longest one in D.T. history (and one of the very last concerts held at the legendary Rolling Stone club), and features a guest performance by Nell Sigland on "The Mundane and the Magic" and "Insanity's crescendo". For the mixing, we once again let Tue Madsen work his magic at his Antfarm Studios in Denmark, and the result is simply amazing.

In addition to that, Village Road films have put together "Out Of Nothing", a true stroll-down-memory-lane documentary about the band. All current members as well as Michael Nicklasson (ex-bass) and Fredrik Johansson (ex-guitar) are interviewed, and a host of people from the early Gothenburg scene share their anecdotes and memories. Among others, Tomas Lindberg (At The Gates, Grotesque etc), Anders Iwers (Tiamat, Ceremonial Oath) and Fredrik Nordström (Studio Fredman) appear in the film, which spans for approx. 47 minutes.

The DVD will also mark the premiere of the "Misery's Crown" promo video, shot earlier this year by Roger Johansson and Vasara Films. All our other promo clips from recent years are featured as well.

Furthermore, we undertook some extensive detective research, raiding our old homes to dig up long forgotten VHS tapes from the archives. A surprisingly large amount of footage was found, most of which never even got spread through the tape trading network at the time. In total, the "Live Archive" portion of the DVD features 21 tracks with a strong emphasis on old ("Skydancer" and earlier) material including some real rarities. Most of these songs were only performed live a handful of times, as shows weren't that frequent back then. Two of them ("Soulbreed" and "The Dying Fragment Of An Elderly Dream") are actually the only D.T. songs that were 100% completed but never recorded properly in studio. Both were written in the autumn of 1991.

To conclude - we're damn proud of this release, and more than sure that it will satisfy the high expectations of both old and new fans alike. Here's to the next 20 years!

More news including full track listing to be posted shortly.

/D.T.

death.jpg

As if all of this wasn't amazing enough, this:

In addition to that, Village Road films have put together "Out Of Nothing", a true stroll-down-memory-lane documentary about the band. All current members as well as Michael Nicklasson (ex-bass) and Fredrik Johansson (ex-guitar) are interviewed, and a host of people from the early Gothenburg scene share their anecdotes and memories. Among others, Tomas Lindberg (At The Gates, Grotesque etc), Anders Iwers (Tiamat, Ceremonial Oath) and Fredrik Nordström (Studio Fredman) appear in the film, which spans for approx. 47 minutes.

Just gave me a gigantic orgasm. I can't fucking wait!

To the next 20 years indeed! :kickass:

-Villain

^ Yes, sir

November 17th, 2009 release date for North America will not put us too far behind the EU
because if a person pre orders from CM/USA it usually arrives at your door step
7 to 10 days before the official release date -

After a lot of work, we're proud to announce that the "Where Death Is Most Alive" DVD will see the light of day on October 26th, 2009 in Europe and November 17th, 2009 in North America via Century Media Records. This little baby took quite some time to deliver, but when you'll see the scope and quality of the material, you'll understand why it wasn't done over a fortnight.

Our first official DVD, "Live damage" (2002), was OK for its time, but hardly spectacular, so this time we wanted to make sure that we could offer people something more substantial that would live up to the high expectations. For the main feature, we had our headline show in Milano last October professionally documented by Finnish production company Vasara Films. As expected, they did a stellar job with both the filming and editing and really managed to capture the vibe of the evening. Italy is home to some of the most devoted and enthusiastic D.T. fans on earth, something which is very obvious from the footage. The show is the longest one in D.T. history (and one of the very last concerts held at the legendary Rolling Stone club), and features a guest performance by Nell Sigland on "The Mundane and the Magic" and "Insanity's crescendo". For the mixing, we once again let Tue Madsen work his magic at his Antfarm Studios in Denmark, and the result is simply amazing.

The DVD will also mark the premiere of the "Misery's Crown" promo video, shot earlier this year by Roger Johansson and Vasara Films. All our other promo clips from recent years are featured as well.

Furthermore, we undertook some extensive detective research, raiding our old homes to dig up long forgotten VHS tapes from the archives. A surprisingly large amount of footage was found, most of which never even got spread through the tape trading network at the time. In total, the "Live Archive" portion of the DVD features 21 tracks with a strong emphasis on old ("Skydancer" and earlier) material including some real rarities. Most of these songs were only performed live a handful of times, as shows weren't that frequent back then. Two of them ("Soulbreed" and "The Dying Fragment Of An Elderly Dream") are actually the only D.T. songs that were 100% completed but never recorded properly in studio. Both were written in the autumn of 1991.

To conclude - we're damn proud of this release, and more than sure that it will satisfy the high expectations of both old and new fans alike. Here's to the next 20 years!

More news including full track listing to be posted shortly.

/D.T.

death.jpg

This will be the best DVD, ever!

Gigantic orgasm, Villain, is an understatement of what I'm feeling right now :headbang::kickass::Smokin::).

I am more interested in the extras than the actual concert hehe :p .

It's going to be very interested to see the interview with Fredrik, is it an old one or a recent one? If it's the latter, I guess it was kind of hard to contact him, wasn't it?

I can't wait to see the old concerts too, that'll be fascinating for sure.

This will be a well-deserved DT live release! (For both the bad and the fans :) ). It's about time! :kickass:

What limited editions can we expect, Niklas?

To the next 20 years of DT! Cheers! :kickass:

I'm super fucking excited about this DVD now, far beyond and above most musical DVD releases, even above major label productions.

Now, if we could just get the details of that box set I'm going to pay ungodly amounts of money for, no doubt.

Wahoo! Great!:kickass:

I have a question :
Is Anders Friden interviewed in the documentary ? :confused:

I assume the box set will be released in the USA?
One thing about CM/USA when they release something like this
they usually offer a package with a t-shirt
that would be sweet -

CMDistro.com will import the box. They always import digi and limited stuff.

hey, I'd love to hear from him about DT. I was fairly disappointed when his name wasn't listed.

One more question: Will the background projection be available on the DVD or otherwise?