Milano DVD

That is for them to decide if they are able to see that as the artistique twist of god, which it really is.

One more question: Will the background projection be available on the DVD or otherwise?

Nope, sorry. It just didn't make much sense to fill up precious DVD space with the projections. Also, it's more of an ongoing project. Most of the animations were done in very limited time, and while they did work fine together with the rest of the show, I'm not satisfied enough with them to want to present them on their own. Maybe in the future.

Nope, sorry. It just didn't make much sense to fill up precious DVD space with the projections. ... I'm not satisfied enough with them to want to present them on their own.
But maybe you're satisfied enough with them to unofficially want to share them with a handful of loyal and irresistible fans? :saint:

Ha ha...well, right now, it's just 20-something video clips in varying resolutions, frame rates and formats, and they're all compressed really badly. Onstage and projected on a screen, they looked OK as part of the whole show, but at this point there are just too many flaws. Most of it was meant to be temporary anyway, and a lot was actually put together on my laptop in the tourbus.

If you'd see it, you'd think that it looked so much worse than how you remember it, and your loyalty (and OUR irresistibility) would go down the drain. :p

That is for them to decide if they are able to see that as the artistique twist of god, which it really is.

Hahaha yeah damn :p .

Ha ha...well, right now, it's just 20-something video clips in varying resolutions, frame rates and formats, and they're all compressed really badly. Onstage and projected on a screen, they looked OK as part of the whole show, but at this point there are just too many flaws. Most of it was meant to be temporary anyway, and a lot was actually put together on my laptop in the tourbus.

If you'd see it, you'd think that it looked so much worse than how you remember it, and your loyalty (and OUR irresistibility) would go down the drain. :p

:lol: I highly doubt that would happen, but better not take the chance ;) .

I just caught the trailer through my blabbermouth RSS feed and... WOW. Looks waaaaaaaaaaaay better than Live Damage. Can't wait to get my hands on that special edition, the details of which have still remained ever elusive.

Btw Niklas, how much did you participate in the creation of the DVD? I assume the cover and booklet artwork will be made by you, but did you also help out with the video work, creation of the trailer or whatever else there is to do?

I cannot describe the amazing happiness that I am felling right now. All of us fans, and the band, have waited a lot for this DVD. We deserve it, and it looks that it was more than worth the wait!!! :headbang: :Smokin: :worship: :kickass:

@ Matse: Yeah I wonder how much he and the band were involved in the actual making/production of the DVD. Apparently the cover is the one that was previously released in the shirt, I'm not sure if I like it, though.

So, no LP nor Blu-Ray version? :(

Btw Niklas, how much did you participate in the creation of the DVD? I assume the cover and booklet artwork will be made by you, but did you also help out with the video work, creation of the trailer or whatever else there is to do?

I made the cover, but nothing else. All the video work is the creation of the fine Finnish gentlemen at Vasara films.

So, no LP nor Blu-Ray version? :(
I think that a Blu-Ray version was discussed (I'm clueless about these things, I don't own a TV set and I listen to music on my laptop speakers), but right now there just isn't the market to warrant the extra expense, however small the edition is. This DVD cost us about three times as much regular album to produce, so it's already a big risk.

I made the cover, but nothing else. All the video work is the creation of the fine Finnish gentlemen at Vasara films.

I think that a Blu-Ray version was discussed (I'm clueless about these things, I don't own a TV set and I listen to music on my laptop speakers), but right now there just isn't the market to warrant the extra expense, however small the edition is. This DVD cost us about three times as much regular album to produce, so it's already a big risk.

Hey Niklas, it was mixed at IF Studios right? I think I saw it on the website on ''clients'': • Dark Tranquillity – Live In Milano, DVD?

Well I recently got a PS3, and believe me, you can really tell the difference. I think Within Temptation's last live release was in Blu-Ray. Besides that I can only think of AC/DC . It's a pity but of course I understand :) .

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be a pretty big hit. DT is much more popular nowadays than before.

I'll probably make a review when it comes out (I'd say December actually, since I'll be presenting my thesis in November).

So will there be an LP version?

EDIT:

Is the guy around 1:30 Fredrik?