Milano DVD

I was expecting to get my set yesterday - no such luck. Instead, I got a short message telling me there had been some sort of a delay in shipment and I should get it tomorrow. :mad:

So much for Finland being a part of Europe, it seems...

-Villain

I do think that there were too many songs from Fiction, why seven? Too many IMO, especially when you take that the total is 21, meaning that you have fourteen songs for seven albums! I would've liked more from Haven, Skydancer and The Mind's I. I love the DVD, but perhaps the set-list wasn't too balanced.

More:

Terminus is really amazing, especially because of the matching of the music with the image.

Niklas, can't you give us those images please? I would really like to have them as a screen saver :) .

The art of the package is excellent (with the exception of the cover IMO), I love the images on the (physical) CDs.

Martin B. did a beyond-excellent, superb, perfect job, I love how he played in the old songs that do not have keyboards/piano. Cheers to you!!! :kickass:

I dare to say that some songs sound better than in the album version!!!

I do think that there were too many songs from Fiction, why seven? Too many IMO, especially when you take that the total is 21, meaning that you have fourteen songs for seven albums! I would've liked more from Haven, Skydancer and The Mind's I.

I would've liked if my dick was longer, thicker and tastier, too!

Wild shot in the dark: DVD was shot in the middle of the tour (http://www.darktranquillity.com/tour/index.html), there was no special show set for that (like some other bands did shooting a DVD to put on older material or whatever).

DT played the longest set in the history of the band, what else would you have liked?

I would've liked if my dick was longer, thicker and tastier, too!

Wild shot in the dark: DVD was shot in the middle of the tour (http://www.darktranquillity.com/tour/index.html), there was no special show set for that (like some other bands did shooting a DVD to put on older material or whatever).

DT played the longest set in the history of the band, what else would you have liked?

:lol: well I would have liked less songs from Fiction. But yes, it was in the middle of a tour, so you've got a point there. I know it's hard to make everyone happy, you really can't, but I think that seven songs from one album is just too much.

:lol: well I would have liked less songs from Fiction. But yes, it was in the middle of a tour, so you've got a point there. I know it's hard to make everyone happy, you really can't, but I think that seven songs from one album is just too much.

I have an idea for you: get a time machine, go back 20 years, infiltrate the band, keep writing great music for all this time and influence setlist choice for Milan show :p

I have an idea for you: get a time machine, go back 20 years, infiltrate the band, keep writing great music for all this time and influence setlist choice for Milan show :p

:p if I had a time machine I would do something different hahahahaha.

I'm watching the documentary and I only have two words: Amazing + speechless.

This is such a huge insight on the band, and the Göteborg scene in general. I love the old videos, it's very interesting to see how different Anders' and Mikael's personality is on stage.

I think Mikael was wearing the same black shirt he wears now in the show in The Netherlands in 1995 :p :lol: .

It's nice to see where the guys grew up, Billdal (any particular meaning or origin of the name? looks like a really nice place with lots of trees :) .

Haha so Mr.Jivarp almost got into the national team? I guess that in the long term he would've made more money playing soccer, but his career as musician would be longer.

More comments later! :kickass:

Holy fuck they are amazing! :worship:

Yes, I'm slightly drunk and just finished watching it all, so there's no way I can offer any sort of critical analysis or commentary yet - I'll try to write some thoughts down tomorrow. Right now I'm just at loss for words.

-Villain

Holy fuck they are amazing! :worship:

Yes, I'm slightly drunk and just finished watching it all, so there's no way I can offer any sort of critical analysis or commentary yet - I'll try to write some thoughts down tomorrow. Right now I'm just at loss for words.

-Villain

Well put. :)

More:

Special thanks to Anders Fridén for supporting this DVD and approving all the old videos with him on vocals.

:lol: :p

He really didn't appear in the DVD besides those songs, it would've been interesting to see a interview with him. But it was funny when they were interviewing the band and they said "the rest of the bands" instead of "In Flames" hahahaha :lol: .

I haven't seen all the "old" videos, but it's very nice to see the band when they were kids playing Skydancer songs.

One thing that I especially liked of the Milano concert was that there were shots of everyone in the band, there was a pretty good balance IMO. I noticed that Martin B. had only one keyboard, he usually has two, did I miss one or was it like that?

I got mine on thursday, but I didn't watch it then.
Went to Gothenburg on friday, watched it at the cinema.
Now, I'm not even sure I wanna see it on my dvd, since it obviously won't be as awesome as at the cinema... :p

Quality stuff indeed!

I might post some pics from the screening and the party, somewhere, sometime...

Actually, I do have 2 copies of the extra CD. I got #61 and #253. But sssssst, don't tell anyone. :devil:

Btw, the extra CD is basically the audio version of 13 songs off of the 2nd disc of the new DVD release.
And I already discovered 2 slips hehe. First one is a misspelling: archieves.
Second one is "Razorfever" being featured twice but indexed as 1 song.
These slips make it an even cooler collector's item!

EDIT: my HQ vids are up and running!
Bio Roy footage

Slaughter of the Bluegrass live

afterparty

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
:p

Thanks for the vids, Saldiac!

I still need to go out and buy it, i've been too busy with other stuff. But soon, my lovies, soon.

Killer stuff, Saldiac!

But you missed my coconut playing :p

Thanks and shit, there were just too many drunk Swedes to capture them all :lol:
There were several other foreigners present too.

And my copy of the DVD is ready to be shipped but the mailorder is still waiting to get the new Paradise Lost back in stock before they ship the package.

I still need to go out and buy it, i've been too busy with other stuff. But soon, my lovies, soon.
What on earth can be more important than DT??

A question to those who have the limited edition: Is it worth it? And what is this 'kingsize mediabook' included with the box set?

Actually, I do have 2 copies of the extra CD. I got #61 and #253. But sssssst, don't tell anyone. :devil:

Btw, the extra CD is basically the audio version of 13 songs off of the 2nd disc of the new DVD release.
And I already discovered 2 slips hehe. First one is a misspelling: archieves.
Second one is "Razorfever" being featured twice but indexed as 1 song.
These slips make it an even cooler collector's item!

Well I would happily buy #61, if you don't want to sell that one I can buy #253 :) .

Hahaha why does that sort of stuff always happen? Is it DT's fault (which I doubt) or CM's? Or Jesus's?

A question to those who have the limited edition: Is it worth it? And what is this 'kingsize mediabook' included with the box set?

Well it's certainly very nice, I think it's worth it. What kingsize booklet? Seems pretty average to me, 11 pages in total, but it's just some pics and the credits, no notes or anything.