Milestones for the Millenium (any will do)

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Not necessarily your favorite, and they don't even have to be good, but what are some albums that helped to mold your musical taste, outlook on life, whether you were a leg man or a breast man, or just any major impact on you.

Nirvana - Nevermind
Even though I listened to Twisted Sister and Suicidal Tendencies when I was 5, for whatever reason I listened to rap for several years until I heard this album, which turned me full circle back to rock and roll.

Morbid Angel - Covenant
My first death metal album. I'm not sure if I bought this CD more for the music or the visuals of the music video for Rapture. Either way, I loved the album and consequently dove into the genre because of it.

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
My first Slayer CD. I mean, who could ever forget that!?!

Danzig III - How the Gods Kill
Made me the true fanboy that I am today. Made me realize that music didn't have to be insane to be evil (and therefore cool, of course).

Limp Bizkit - Significant Other
Made me realize that nu-metal was truly truly garbage (99% of it anyway).

There's plenty more I'm sure...

led zeppelin - zoso = a little kid into classic rock. . .

metallica - reload = first "metal" album i bought (even though it's more hard rock)

megadeth - rust in peace = welcomed me into the true metal world

savatage - edge of thorns = beautiful album that made me realize that not every band had to be popular to be "good"

cradle of filth - dusk...and her embrace = first extreme metal album to strike a chord with me

marillion - misplaced childhood = my favorite album of all time. no music will ever be more important to me, nor personal.

vivaldi - the four seasons = stunning and beautiful; classical became 'cool'

OK these are some honest answers (and I'll stick to the realm of metal since I would be a retard not to include anything by The Beatles, David Bowie, Radiohead etc):

OZZY - Bark at the Moon: I was 14 and I was just blown away by Jake E Lee, hence my bastardized pseudonym, heh. I am such a fanboy. That live Bark at the Moon tour video where Jake E Lee RIPS out the solo during "Suicide Solution" is unforgettable. I mean, who the fuck bars the fretboard with their thumb and proceeds to play appreggios with the remaining fingers?

IRON MAIDEN - Live After Death. I was in euphoria watching them do "Revelations" on their recent tour, to the point of feeling like a deer stuck in headlights. It reminded me of the first time I head LaD...thank the gods for the Irons. I am so not worthy.

METALLICA - Kill 'em All / Ride The Lightning. A goofy guy at school named Pedro Albanez gave me a homemade tape compilation of these two albums. My oh my....enough said. That same fucker handed me a Camel cigarette and I became a smoker for the next 10 years after that...

EUROPE - Out of this World. Forget about that "Final Countdown" piece of crap - Kee Marcello's guitar work on this album is just blistering - where do people with this much talent end up?? Plus I saw EUROPE support this album with BON JOVI at Milton Keynes in 1989 (that time we got mugged :lol: ), and they destroyed! The following day, Kerrang's front cover screamed "Europe: Louder than Motorhead!". Hehehe, those were the days...

JOE SATRIANI - Surfing with the Alien / Flying in a Blue Dream. I've yet to hear anyone (EVER) even come close to playing the lead breaks to "Mystical Potato Head Groove Thing".

GUNS N ROSES - Appetite for Destruction. It changed the world. Lets face it, for that one summer, everything just seemed to fall in place. Punks were hanging out with metallers, everyone had GnR patches on their denim jackets, all the radio stations were playing "Rocket Queen" and "It's so Easy"...that summer ruled. Everyone just got drunk on Jack Daniels that summer, hehehe.

MEGADETH - Rust in Peace. I spent my first two years of college learning how to play every note on that album, and to this day I can say is two things: One of my favorite guitar solos of ALL time is Friedman's "Tornado of Souls", AND I still cannot play the rhythm section of "Poison was the Cure".

EMPEROR - Nightiside Eclipse - allowing me to explore areas of music that I didn't think I would ever fully appreciate, and it's music that isn't just a completely rehashed version of something that was already done in the 80's. I mean, lets face it, the 90's belonged to EMPEROR and....

...OPETH - Not any particular album, but their NY show last January. In hindsight, this was one of the most mesmerizing experiences I've had in a live show. The sound was perfect, the music was just one long trip, and the crowd were outstanding. Remember that scene in Enter the Dragon where all those guys are fighting on the island, and Bruce Lee just stops and stares at the bad guy, Han? That's what that show was like for me - it was like I was just astounded at what I was hearing and seeing and everything about me was just becoming chaotic.

I know a lot of other people on this forum were at that show too....

So that's where your pseudonym comes from... very clever!

I have the Final Countdown as a ringtone on my smell phone. :lol:

:lol: It's supposed to throw you off.

OK here's the story: Once upon a time at college, Chief B and I were bored in a computer science lecture and we started to play Hangman...everyone knows Hangman right? So anyway, the clue was "famous metal guitarists" and we did the usual "Kirk Hammet" and "Alex Skolnick" answers, and then I drew out the letters for "Jake E Lee", but instead I tricked him by providing the number of letters for "JayKeeley" (9 spaces instead of 8).

Even after he failed to guess it and got hung, I spelled out all the letters and it took him a minute to figure it out. He must have read it five times before getting it. He even had to say it aloud to get it. I basically cheated. :lol:

The story is not funny for you guys probably, but it turned into one of those times when you're trying so hard not to laugh in a lecture that it just makes it worse...and you're holding your breath with tears rolling down your cheeks...I dunno, I guess you had to be there, hehehe.

Oh and there was this hot chick who lived next door to me as a kid and her name was Keeley. She really was "the girl next door" type. She used to sunbathe in the back yard topless. I was/am such a perv. :D

Keeley in Tagolog means armpit (although probably not spelled the same way). :)

Supertramp - Crime of the Century
I used to listen to this record constantly at 3 years old, and loved the first 2 songs so much I don't think I even heard the rest of the album until I bought the CD 20 years later! This might explain my love for 70s era proggy keyboards.

Black Winter Day said:
come on, she was asking for it and YOU didn't step up and seal the deal by boning her. right? RIGHT?!?
Nah man, I was a complete gentleman. I just jizzed all over her paps instead. :tickled:

(That was a joke to all you PC types and Haddsie...*cough*)

Anyway, back on topic:

QUEENSRYCHE - Operation Mindcrime. Need I say more?

PUBLIC ENEMY - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us back. I was a serious old school hip hop dude at one point (when I was 17). This album and Straight outta Compton by NWA are the only two old school hip hop albums anyone ever needs to own. I love the ANTHRAX cover of "Bring Da Noize" too.

THE CULT - Sonic Temple. What a fucking brilliant album! I used to do a radio show on my college campus and we'd air in the student bar, and people used to go nuts when we played anything from this album, especially "Sun King". We even had drunk birds taking their tops off, but of course, I was stuck in the studio surrounded by egg cartons stuck on the walls.

Faith No More - Angel Dust
My first truly strange album, I was 14 when my Grammaw bought it for me. I don't think she'll ever want to listen to it, but I still do. :tickled:

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese
Probably the most important album I own, this was what made me decide to play bass. My friend had it and made me a copy of it over a 10+ year old tape, and I listened to that constantly for a few years before I could actually buy the CD, and of course when I got that I listened to it constantly like it was brand new.

Carcass - Heartwork
First experience with melodic death, through me for a loop that such beautiful passages could be so heavy. This was the album I played for people to show them what death metal was, then I'd toss on Cannibal Corpse. Speaking of which...

Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
First insane album I heard. It was manic, it was foul, it was evil, it was fucking cool!