Accomplishments and milestones...SymX style

Gonfeldurok

Slayer of the n00bs
Dec 13, 2003
Saugus, MA, USA
I recently realized that Symphony X, more than any other band, has been with me in one way or another through some great times. This coupled with their totally rad music keeps at the top of my "favorite bands" list.

My first "real" (non-local) metal show was seeing them.
They were the first band I listened to in my first car.
I've got many of my friends into metal via this band.
I used their songs to help teach myself double-bass technique
They got me into prog metal.
I lost my virginity while listening to the "V" album.

:worship: Thank you Symphony X

So anything cool happen to you guys pertaining to SymphonyX?

dargormudshark said:
Not as imaginable people getting freaky to Dragonforce or Rhapsody :D

The most awkward moment I could ever think of would be having one of their cheesy monologues kick in in the heat of the moment :lol:

You're reaching climax when you are suddenly interrupted by "GO! MIGHTY FIRE WARRIOR! THE LAMENT OF THE SUFFERINGS WHISPERED THROUGH THE ANCIENT ROCKS BECKONS YOU BACK TO NARNIA!"

Mood killer

Beelzebub said:
Um, I thought your car was a piece of shit to begin with...

Yea it is. Me and my car do not have a good relationship. I treat it as a piece of crap and it does likewise. I fixed that speaker and now I hear a loud screeching when i drive. When/If I get a new car i plan to take this one out in a field and burn the son of a bitch.

My car has the shittiest soundsystem ever, bar none.

It's actually more fun sticking rusty knives into your ears than listening to something in my car.

Until yesterday I wouldn't have had anything to say in this thread. Then the miraculous happened.

This is the first metal band my father--out of nowhere (I didn't even tell him I had the CD)--voluntarily requested to listen to while in the car, after I picked him up from the airport. :D

This is really cool...although I still grit my teeth every time he decides to try out his silly nicknames for the band. So far we have "Sympathy X" (the most frequent one) and "the X-rated Symphony". I dread to imagine what he'll come up with next. ;)

Heh, I also lost my virginity while listening to the "V" album...curious similarity.

Gonfeldurok said:
The most awkward moment I could ever think of would be having one of their cheesy monologues kick in in the heat of the moment :lol:

You're reaching climax when you are suddenly interrupted by "GO! MIGHTY FIRE WARRIOR! THE LAMENT OF THE SUFFERINGS WHISPERED THROUGH THE ANCIENT ROCKS BECKONS YOU BACK TO NARNIA!"

Mood killer
LMAO!!! hilarious shit :lol:

i remember when a friend of mine introduced me to S-X,
i was trying to pick my jaw up off the floor.
i brought the cd home, and listend to it till i could sing every song by memory.
i did'nt want to listen to anything else for like, 2 weeks. from then on i was totaly hooked.

karelrulez said:
When I heard them for the first time, I instantly had some kind of 'this is too good to be true' feeling, and that was the first time I really thought that about music.
Same here. I was sick of male singers that sounded like women. Russ actually sounds like a man, and is amazing. Add to that the rest of them, and oh my. A dream come true.