Milwaukee Metalfest

Jasonic said:
When did Venom play metalfest?

1997, I believe, and it was about the coolest frickin' thing I had seen up until that time. 1997 was a GREAT year for Metalfest, back at the old Eagle's Club.

Dr. Abner Mality said:
1997, I believe, and it was about the coolest frickin' thing I had seen up until that time. 1997 was a GREAT year for Metalfest, back at the old Eagle's Club.

I can imagine that would have been amazing to see.

I wish they would have a section on the metalfest site that would list the complete year to year history of the line-ups (Though I imagine there are zillions of bands who have played who are long gone and forgotten)

I actually look forward to seeing necrophagia when they hit New Mexico in a few weeks.

As for Milwaukee metalfest, I have a much cheaper alternative than wasting your money on going to that fest. This works for anyone where ever you live. Get off the computer and call your best friend, tell him or her to come over right now, have them kick you in your bits and pieces as hard as they can. Now, THAT is entertainment!!!:Spin:

Usurper Dan said:
Uh, not to mention the SEVERAL last minute cancellations every year.
I found this message on the Jungle Rot site this morning:

MILWAUKEE METALFEST CANCELLED
Well it appears that the Milwaukee Metalfest we were supposed to perform at next weekend, on July 29th, has been CANCELLED!! This information was received from a very reliable source and is not a rumor. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you,
JUNGLE ROT

suela said:
I found this message on the Jungle Rot site this morning:

MILWAUKEE METALFEST CANCELLED
Well it appears that the Milwaukee Metalfest we were supposed to perform at next weekend, on July 29th, has been CANCELLED!! This information was received from a very reliable source and is not a rumor. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you,
JUNGLE ROT

No surprise at all!!!
Last year, didn't Jack threaten Jack Frost's (Seven Witches) family?
I am sad to see this fest go. As I said before, there are MANY bands that I would have most likely never gotten the chance to see live if it were not for Metalfest.

I recall in years past there would at least be an ad in the Illinois Entertainer for a couple months prior. Now how the heck can they expect attendees when the only annoucement is made 2 weeks prior on their site?

You would think the dude would learn a thing or two about promotion!

Ah yes, I heard something similar yesterday from The Chicago Metal Factory. According to them, the fest may be back later this year. The reason they gave was that there were too many other fests around the same time.

I HIGHLY DOUBT IT! I had no intentions of going anyway. When I noticed that they were waiting so late in the game to even ANNOUCE any bands, I knew it was trouble. The last time I went was 2002 and even then I noticed a difference from the previous time I had attended. Ahh it's ok. I guess I need to head up to the East Coast for a fest now. Let the travelling begin!

Novembers Paul said:
Yeah, we were asked to play this fest, the terms were good, so we confirmed. I'm not sure what other bands will join us, but were also playing closer to home on the next day (August 27th) at JJ Kelleys.

Guess who else is playing? hehe.

I remember being all excited about going to the Milwaukee Metalfest back in 2000. So many kickass bands played that year. I was exposed to alot of unknown underground bands that I wouldn't have otherwise known about. The headliners were what drew me that year. I hate to have a snobbish mentality, but I'm not going to drive 12+hours cross country for bands I MIGHT like. Like someone said earlier on this thread, maybe some of the bands playing this year are really good, but a poorly promoted fest with not many headliners isn't going to be a big sell. Last time, it took King Diamond, Anathema, Mayhem, Enslaved, Children of Bodom, Entombed and others to get me to crawl out of my cave and go to the midwest.

and thus Re-scheduled for December 2,3rd

The show will be held at The Bucketworks, 2 Metal Stages and 1 Pop/rock stage.

An alternative to Jack Koshick's Metalfest which is in rapid Decline. I hate him.

Yakuza, Under Threat, Rictus Grin will be among the many bands playing along with Novembers Doom and Usurper. Ill post a M4 Thread at the end of this week with news and information for the festival!