Missinterpruted lyric?

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
has anyone ever, before reading the lyric book missinterpruted a lyric from opeth, or well any band, and thought they were saying ''pale all cadets all i see is ta ta tar, moners clement but its me whose a starter'' or something like that. instead of ''Halo of death, all I see is departure Mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr'' :loco: (and no i didn't mistake that lyric before you ask)

I broke down and downloaded the BWP album while waiting for it to arrive, and I listened to Harvest over and over trying to get the lyrics right. I had them all right except for one word and the chorus and the layered part at the end, which I think no one still understands but the band itself. Anyway, the chorus to me sounded like Into the ocean I walk feeling way past the gate / Wilted seams for us who couldn't wait / Drained by the coldness, caress darkened shadows ahead / Hail o'er my death all I see is departure / Mortals lament but it's me who's the martyr

-Hondo

There was a page of these mis-heard lyrics (mondegreens, are they called, or what?) of Dark Tranquillity. The best one there was for this line from Punish My Heaven:

Make each tear in my bare hands / a lifetime in hell

Someone had heard it:

Vacation with my parents / a lifetime in hell :lol:

-Villain

Originally posted by Villain
There was a page of these mis-heard lyrics (mondegreens, are they called, or what?) of Dark Tranquillity. The best one there was for this line from Punish My Heaven:

Make each tear in my bare hands / a lifetime in hell

Someone had heard it:

Vacation with my parents / a lifetime in hell :lol:

-Villain

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , good point :lol:

This happens to me all the time, except that I don't even try to understand/make up the words, I just sing along (off-key) nonsensical semi-verbal sounds until I get ahold of the lyrics. Guessing the words and singing them aloud was a mistake I made in grade school and it's been a (warning: rampant melodramticism) horrendous, gaping emotional scar since.

Next time you mis-interperet a lyrics, write it down and use it yourself... no-one's going to know, now are they?! :lol: