mitch's gnarly lows

yall are sitting there arguing over pointless shit.

jfac, bdm, ss, all have amazing vocalists.

they all have majorly different vocal styles so why are you even tryin to compare them? its just pointless.

:kickass:

and just fuckin grow up.

forums are actually to discuss things, not argue like were all in 3rd grade again.

keep it fuckin metal.

you're weird, bro. im just trying to break shit down on the anatomical. when we strip away the mysteries and get technical, these things are learned and become 2nd nature. then we can achieve desired results, thus free ourselves from the yoke of "dude, idunno, i jus scream, bro".

and im pretty sure theres not much arguing going on here, turbo. how about you take a few deep breaths, calm the fuck down, read through what we're all talking about again, and give us another totally sweet final thought but slightly less gay?

There's no arguing going on here, ch, that's why everyone is ignoring you.

homie, its minor style differences WITHIN A TYPE. this is a deathmetal vocal discussion, SON!! im comparing dudes with different styles and techniques to achieve the same basic result because i am in fact trying to discuss VARIOUS fucking STYLES AND TECHNIQUES TO ACHIEVE THE SAME BASIC RESULT. now you getting all turbo on us talking about arguing is causing majorly gay digressions that otherwise wouldnt be going on. so thank you for the self-fulfilling fucking prophecy.

go start a drum forum and ill come on and freak out about how everyone is comparing deathmetal drummers. FUCK!!!

naw im over it. it just sucks that in posting about people arguing over "pointless shit" you caused arguing about pointless shit. now you're just trying to put me down. like in the 3rd grade ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

So just thought I'd let you guys in on a little recording secret. The method used to record Mitch's lows from what I understand is a technique where the vocalist has a mic placed in a position that he/she is used to (emulating the vocalists stance while singing live) as this is how the vocalist is used to standing and helps them get more into their performance for recording. Mic choice here will be different for each vocalist so experiment! (most times i'd suggest a Shure SM57 with a windscreen or a Shure SM7b). Now when performing the take you have the vocalist's mouth about a foot away from the mic and have him act as if he's cupping and invisible mic. Compress the track to hell and back and maybe throw on some distortion (tape saturation or actual guitar distortion) and there ya have to, Mitch's monster lows. But mostly as everyone has said it's in the vocalists technique so using this method can produce some sweet sounds for different vocalists =)

p.s. sorry to bump and old thread just thought ya guys might enjoy this info

OOOOLD post... but fucking :lol:

I dont know what the fuck else these people listen to if they think this guy is the best. Listening to some of their shit his lows sound like they've had the shit edited out of them to make them sound like that, and they still sound not that great. Listen to some real death metal if you want awesome growlers.

So just thought I'd let you guys in on a little recording secret. The method used to record Mitch's lows from what I understand is a technique where the vocalist has a mic placed in a position that he/she is used to (emulating the vocalists stance while singing live) as this is how the vocalist is used to standing and helps them get more into their performance for recording. Mic choice here will be different for each vocalist so experiment! (most times i'd suggest a Shure SM57 with a windscreen or a Shure SM7b). Now when performing the take you have the vocalist's mouth about a foot away from the mic and have him act as if he's cupping and invisible mic. Compress the track to hell and back and maybe throw on some distortion (tape saturation or actual guitar distortion) and there ya have to, Mitch's monster lows. But mostly as everyone has said it's in the vocalists technique so using this method can produce some sweet sounds for different vocalists =)

p.s. sorry to bump and old thread just thought ya guys might enjoy this info

Do you know what, I actually set my self up like that in the studio the other day without knowing that it is a "technique" used and it really does help, I am hopeless in the studio normally and I excelled when I set up a "live" scenario :D --- little of topic question but do any vocalists here find that they can hold screams for long and perform quicker screams live than in the studio?