Mix 27 Songs performed by 28 Musicians (Raw Live Tracks inside)

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

for the 25th anniversary of a live venue I'm involved with everybody that worked and/or rehearsed there at some point picked up their respective instrument to form a number of different constellations of musicians, bands if you will, to perform various cover songs. The tracklist ranged from Metallica to Bon Jovi, from Foo Fighters to Pantera, from Tenacious D. to AC/DC and so forth.

We had a basic setup of one "Metal" and one "Rock" amp on each side of the stage and after every song the lineup would change and everybody would just plug into what suited their song best. I have to say it went surprisingly well.

We cut the whole show straight from the house desk (AVID Venue SC48). Over the next couple of days and weeks I'll be releasing a lot of the performances for you to mix - that is if you are at all interested. :) It'll take me some time to listen through everything, export and upload so please bear with me.

Please keep in mind most of these songs were rehearsed only a couple of times over the course of an afternoon. Some people involved are better musicians than others. ;-) It was all about the fun so nobody took it too serious. Irregardless I believe these tracks are great since they are a real life example of what the average (local) sound guy has to deal with day in day out.

Technical notes: All tracks are 48 kHz / 24 Bit regardless of what your Finder/Explorer might say. Dunno if anybody will even have that problem but Finder told me the tracks were 44.1 kHz / 24 Bit but like I said they are not and open just fine in 48 kHz / 24 Bit. All the files are named quite self-explainatory. It's all labeled from the audience point of view.

Hope you are having fun with the tracks. I'm very much looking forward to your mixes. I'll be updating this post with new tracks/songs.

Cheers

Edit:

All Ends - Apologize
Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
Down - Bury Me In Smoke
Opeth - Harvest
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver
Devin Townsend - Hyperdrive
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Beatsteaks - Milk & Honey
Alice In Chains - Rooster
Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Sepultura - Territory
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Foo Fighters - Times Like These
New Guitar DIs for Times Like These: https://mega.co.nz/#!l49DnSbD!KknIUk0MFto5YzC78jduBhkBTS1cyjUSe13z-Y7OHm4
System Of A Down - Toxicity
Tenacious D. - Tribute

Just realized there was a problem with the uploaded files. Reuploading now, sorry.

Cubase made them all Stereo files with the panning in my session taken into account. I have the whole show in one giant file (~1,5 GB per track) and I need to export the individual multitracks for each song. Anybody know a good way to do that without messing up the filenames too much? I know about rightclick - Audio - As file (or whatever it's called in the english version) but that adds a nasty "-01" after the trackname to the filename as you will see in the newly uploaded zip archive.

Just realized there was a problem with the uploaded files. Reuploading now, sorry.

Cubase made them all Stereo files with the panning in my session taken into account. I have the whole show in one giant file (~1,5 GB per track) and I need to export the individual multitracks for each song. Anybody know a good way to do that without messing up the filenames too much? I know about rightclick - Audio - As file (or whatever it's called in the english version) but that adds a nasty "-01" after the trackname to the filename as you will see in the newly uploaded zip archive.

Not that I know of, sorry.
Having a "-01" or similar after the filename shouldn't be much of an issue as long as the files are correctly named.

Let me know once you've reuploaded the file so I can download it :headbang:

Alright, that's it. The upload just finished. The link from the first post is still valid but now contains the updated archive. :)

wow! very cool. that's something rather unique. thanks for sharing with us.
I once participated in something similar and the organizational work and coordination of that project was quite hefty. glad to see you got it done and had a blast.

Great mix of Territory you got there Lieferzeiten! Good work, keep 'em coming. :)

Here's the list of songs off the setlist where the performances were not half bad (at least as far as I remember from the top of my head ;-) ). Let me know which songs you'd be interested in.

+Bon Jovi - Wanted-Dead Or Alive
+Sepultura - Territory
+Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
+Alice in Chains - Rooster
+System of a Down- Toxicity
+Foo Fighters - Times like these
+Opeth - Harvest
+ Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
+ Tenacious D - Tribute
+All Ends - Apologize
+Evanesence - Bring me to life
+Foo Fighters - the pretender
+AC/DC - TNT
+Down - Bury Me In Smoke
+Devin Townsend - Hyperdrive
+Iron Maiden - The Trooper
+Metallica - Master of Puppets
+Killswitch - Holy Diver
+Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
+Metallica - Enter Sandman
+Metallica - Sad But True

You have a cool song list dude.

Since I'm a metalhead I'm more interested in mixing the metal songs, namely these ones:

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
Opeth - Harvest
AC/DC - TNT
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
Metallica - Enter Sandman
Metallica - Sad But True

I'd be awesome if you could upload them :D

...i'd love to try all of them. Besides smoke on the water... because I hate tat song :D

But rooster, hyperdrive, cowboys from hell, basically every single one of them sounds like they'd be great fun to mix :D

Wait until you hear the actual tracks. ;) The Sepultura one's (see Lieferzeiten's mix if you haven't downloaded them yourself yet) are about as tight as it get's, haha. (J/K some of them are really well played. Others might be "special". ;) )

Anyway, I'll start preparing and uploading the tracks as soon as I get home later. Any idea what would be the best way to upload? It's been a while since I had to move such huge amounts of data over the net via a free service. Dropbox already emailed me that they disabled public links because there was too much traffic on the Sepultura tracks and the WeTransfer-Links are only temporary. Any other good options out there?

Wait until you hear the actual tracks. ;) The Sepultura one's (see Lieferzeiten's mix if you haven't downloaded them yourself yet) are about as tight as it get's, haha. (J/K some of them are really well played. Others might be "special". ;) )

Anyway, I'll start preparing and uploading the tracks as soon as I get home later. Any idea what would be the best way to upload? It's been a while since I had to move such huge amounts of data over the net via a free service. Dropbox already emailed me that they disabled public links because there was too much traffic on the Sepultura tracks and the WeTransfer-Links are only temporary. Any other good options out there?

Have you tried Mediafire or Mega?
They both provide 50GB of free storage, it should be enough for all the tracks.

Added Supermassive Black Hole to the list. I had a few other songs almost finished uploading when the client crashed just now... :(
So I guess I'll check out the two services you suggested and see if I can get the other files uploaded to them asap.

wow, thank you dude! i love mixing live multi-tracks. what mics you used on everything?

edit: it's better to compress them in .rar with winrar and use the "best" compression method. it will make the files smaller.
for example "bury me in smoke" would be 602mb instead of 814mb.