Practice Time! - THREAT SIGNAL "A New Beginning" Cover (Raw tracks inside)

okay man :) but i'll late 1 week because i rent my microphone to a friend that recording a band this week and i'll have it the next..so i have the time to practise the song :) you want the whole song or just some parts?

Hi dude, im working with your harsh voice tracks.
I think i'm finally doesn't need re-recorded track,
I fixed and sync the screams and now sounds absolutely awsome, im still working in the mix.

I'll post as soon as i finish :D

Good job at the cover! First time hearing the song and really like it! Here's my crack at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm realizing that many of you are not setting the clean delay guitar at the end part of the song, instead of this i hear just a distorsion guitar :(

Paulsh90 i really like the clean sound of the beginning.

About the bass, what VST did you use ??? It's a really cool bass sound

Thanks man, was pretty proud with the clean tone i managed to get. Just pod farm piezacoustic 2 amp with some delay, reverb and a tiny bit of chorus. Pod farm distortions may sound like ass unless you know what you're doing, but for cleans i'm a definitely a fan.

For the bass it was pod farm again actually. The "Modern Rock Bass" preset, with the TSE B.O.D 2.0 in front of it. Been getting some great results lately using that combination.

A new reference using marios.blythe's growling vocals

Check out! ;)

Well, now with a little more time, I mixed marios.blythe´s voices differently, think better.

I used:

- Amp sims: Ez Mix2 Guitar Gods, Sonic Maximizer
- Drums: SD Metal Foundry, Andy senap's samples for snare and kick
- Pad: Omnisphere
- Voices: iZotope Nectar for pitch correction. Compressor, EQ and reverb
- Master: iZotope Ozone 5

Check it out! \m/

still mixxing it, im not super happy with my guitar tone yet, and i cant seem to make the screams sound good enough..o wll im gonna keep going at it till it sounds better..im not gonna tackle his cleans tonight..
rhythm guits are pod farm stand high and low pass cuts,boost on 120hz of 2db,boost in the mid area around 1600 by 2db and small cuts around 4k

Vocs
eq
compress
decapitator
limiter

I updated the link in my comment im pretty happy with it now, i just have to do the clean vocs and give it a quick master
http://soundcloud.com/joeban-1/threat-signal-a-new-beginning

still mixxing it, im not super happy with my guitar tone yet, and i cant seem to make the screams sound good enough..o wll im gonna keep going at it till it sounds better..im not gonna tackle his cleans tonight..
rhythm guits are pod farm stand high and low pass cuts,boost on 120hz of 2db,boost in the mid area around 1600 by 2db and small cuts around 4k

Vocs
eq
compress
decapitator
limiter

I updated the link in my comment im pretty happy with it now, i just have to do the clean vocs and give it a quick master
http://soundcloud.com/joeban-1/threat-signal-a-new-beginning

Pretty good mix!

Awesome job with the vocals.
I can't wait to hear the clean ones.

Will be great if you share the raw tracks once you've got recorded :headbang:

Thanks!

np bud i have a day off tomorow so ill prob be finishing this up nicely, the only problem i had so far is that the vocals required a lot of work to sit nice,so i couldnt do too much to the guitars cause i had to leave the right amount in the spectrum for the vocs to sound awesome,they are the scream tracks that mario dude uploaded, with a lot of processing and lowered pitch :p :p but if you or anyone has the clean vocs, pushed in melodyne or pitch corrected send me a link so i only have to do the post processing :p i despise correcting clean vocs with pitch correct so tideous and time consuming, but yeop ill load up the the processed scream tracks when im all done

np bud i have a day off tomorow so ill prob be finishing this up nicely, the only problem i had so far is that the vocals required a lot of work to sit nice,so i couldnt do too much to the guitars cause i had to leave the right amount in the spectrum for the vocs to sound awesome,they are the scream tracks that mario dude uploaded, with a lot of processing and lowered pitch :p :p but if you or anyone has the clean vocs, pushed in melodyne or pitch corrected send me a link so i only have to do the post processing :p i despise correcting clean vocs with pitch correct so tideous and time consuming, but yeop ill load up the the processed scream tracks when im all done

A present for you all, people! ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57572184/A New Begining Vocals.zip

It's not perfect but works

here you guys my final mix of it
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jnzqez
to download
and ive uploaded the vocal tracks with all the compression and effects for you guys to stick in your mix to try it out, the only effect that is not on is the m,aster buss for the whole track for the instruments and everything together, which was just ssl comp and ozone maximizer they are bypassed for u to be able to stick it in your mix,the vocs are a little shaky in tuning ,bt otereo1st did a good job on fixxing them up tuning wise, but still a little shaky and im lazy today and didnt feel like spending an hour graph tuning it:p
the effects on the vocals are as follows in order
Auto tune evo lowered 2(on screams only)
api 550 a mono
cla 7a mono
decapitator
L1 Limiter
Lex room reverb
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cau8qq

I'm so sorry for my false clean vocals guys I'll try to re-record better vocals when I get my microphone back :)

Don´t worry, marios.blythe!. First of all thank you very much for the vocals, are very useful to practice with pitch correction and the mix. Both joeban1986 screams and yours sounds amazing. I´ll be waiting for your re-record, man! ;)

P.D.: Sorry for my English

Don´t worry, marios.blythe!. First of all thank you very much for the vocals, are very useful to practice with pitch correction and the mix. Both joeban1986 screams and yours sounds amazing. I´ll be waiting for your re-record, man! ;)

P.D.: Sorry for my English

My vocals are untouched,joeban1986 upload my vocals but processed ;-)
You're welcome!