Practice Time05 - KSE The Arms of Sorrow - 23 DI files for fun

Ice4man can you elaborate on your drum sound? Especially kick and toms please

Thanks,
Than

Kick is my mixready "Eclipse" from Sonic Underground

Toms are Superior Drummer 2.0 N.Y. Avatar kit (GMS coated head 10,12,14,16) with some EQ and verb.

Overheads and snare are Steven Slate Drums 4

I am so late to this party! Love the work you've done here, Iceman, and I had a blast mixing this. I LOVE your vocalist's voice. Howard is my favourite vocalist, and I didn't think anyone would be able to do justice to a KSE vocal cover, but he smashes it. Here is my mix - any feedback welcome. I will promote you guys wherever I can. Keep up the good work!

Hi Karybdis thanks for your words :)

I really like how the clean guitars sounds at the beginning very clear sound.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for uploading these great DI's, here's my try, would love to get some critics (as I do this to improve my skills):

i am still a total noob but here is my try

i would love to have some advises on my work

by the way
thanks a lot for the work done and the quality of playing and recording !

Awesome voice !

I am so late to this party! Love the work you've done here, Iceman, and I had a blast mixing this. I LOVE your vocalist's voice. Howard is my favourite vocalist, and I didn't think anyone would be able to do justice to a KSE vocal cover, but he smashes it. Here is my mix - any feedback welcome. I will promote you guys wherever I can. Keep up the good work!

Noticed the hi-hat is a bit too loud, the intro was too quiet so that when the full band kicked it, it didn't have enough impact, also some of the lead stuff is a little loud imo. Otherwise sounds good.

Guitars are very centered I guess. Other than that, sounds good ;)

This is SO AMAZING cover! Tight as fuck playing and DI are highest quality.
I was struggling a bit with mix because I'm not used to work with quad tracked and layered tracks.
But in the end I like what I got. Do I need some improvements?

Really great tracks Ic4man, specially the vocals are awesome.

(Al final no hemos tenido tiempo de grabar las voces de mi amiga, pero quizá para más adelante, las grabemos tal y como te comenté).

My mix: