Practice Time05 - KSE The Arms of Sorrow - 23 DI files for fun

Icem4n

Addict Member
Jun 4, 2012
Hi guys :kickass:

This time i bring you a KSE cover for your mixing practice, with awesome vocals by my bandmate (PERSPECTIVES)
A LOT of DI tracks to have fun :heh:)

Reference mix
https://vimeo.com/83894059

Tempo: 124 BPM
Drum Map: GM Map
Files: 44.100 / 24bit

Download RAR file from here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nn7lvrv493imtib/KSE Arms of sorrow.rar

.Rar file contains the following 23 DI tracks: :kickass:
- Drums midi
- Synth midi
- Synth 1 (wav)
- Synth 2 (wav)
- 3x Clean Vocals
- 2x Scream Vocals
- 1x Bass
- 2x Clean Guitars
- 6x Rythm Guitars
- 5x Extra Guitars

Enjoy !!!!!

DAT VOICE :worship:

Loving your work Icem4n. Always dig the music/mixes you produce.. So thanks very much for sharing the DIs and vocals!

Here is my quick mix i did today. Any constructive criticism welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
DAT VOICE :worship:

Loving your work Icem4n. Always dig the music/mixes you produce.. So thanks very much for sharing the DIs and vocals!

Here is my quick mix i did today. Any constructive criticism welcome :)

Thanks so much safehouse :)

I was listening to your mix,
I like the bass sound, toms and snare

The overheads sounds too loud and crispy IMO and vox is a little over saturated (maybe the master?)

Distorded guitars sounds a little dark for my taste, try to bring'em to the front of the mix

This cover is Fcking awesome! \m/
It`s my mix)

Thanks so much safehouse :)

I was hearing your mix,
I like the bass sound, toms and snare

The overheads sounds too loud and crispy IMO and vox is a little over saturated (maybe the master?)

Distorded guitars sounds a little dark for my taste, try to bring'em to the front of the mix

Thanks for having a listen over my mix Icem4n. I agree with what you were saying about the overheads, vocals, and guitars. Thanks for that, i would not have noticed otherwise :)

Bass was some EQ cuts and adds around 500 and 1700 respectively. And the CLA Bass plugin with a few adjustments.
Snare was a Tama snare + Andy Sneap Dream Snare (room) and Snare 12A.
Toms were Andy Sneaps Fat Tom with cuts around 500-600 depending on the tom.

Any recommendations on how to bring the guitars to the front of the mix?

Dont' really know if this is an acceptable thing to be asking, but anyways, here we go;

If I mix this and get happy with my result, would you be okay with me promoting my own mixing skills with that mix? I would, of course, credit you guys for the recording and link to your Youtube video, Facebook page, whatever, and not under any circumstance claim it to be an "official" mix.

I've actually seen guys do this without asking the "author" beforehand. Thought it might be best to ask first, haha.

Dont' really know if this is an acceptable thing to be asking, but anyways, here we go;

If I mix this and get happy with my result, would you be okay with me promoting my own mixing skills with that mix? I would, of course, credit you guys for the recording and link to your Youtube video, Facebook page, whatever, and not under any circumstance claim it to be an "official" mix.

I've actually seen guys do this without asking the "author" beforehand. Thought it might be best to ask first, haha.

Yes, you can :)

Do a killer mix and promote your work and of course credits will be appreciated

Cheers