Mix in progress - please comment - clip inside

Glenn Fricker

Very Metal &Very Bad News
Mar 6, 2005
22 Acacia Avenue
Hey guys,

Alright, after taking your advice on the last thread about "classic" vs "fredman" guitar miking technique, I've went back to the classic method.... anyway, I've got a clip here of a mix nearing completion, and I'd love to get some feedback on it before I turn it over to the band.

This one isn't as heavy as the first clip, but it's got a pretty cool vibe. We lost our minds & let the drummer do vocals for the first verse!

CLIP HERE

Thanks in advance for your input.
-0z-

I can't say anything really bothers me. Great work again. Now if I had to get really picky I would have to single out the snare. The snare sounds great but in relation to the rest of the mix it to me is to apparent. It seems to lack glue with everything else. This might be a pre-mastering move assuming the mastering might take care of this. None the less great work.

chadsxe said:
I can't say anything really bothers me. Great work again. Now if I had to get really picky I would have to single out the snare. The snare sounds great but in relation to the rest of the mix it to me is to apparent. It seems to lack glue with everything else. This might be a pre-mastering move assuming the mastering might take care of this. None the less great work.

That's hilarious! The snare was my favourite part! But thanks for the comments, I'll take a closer look at it. :)

OzNimbus said:
That's hilarious! The snare was my favourite part! But thanks for the comments, I'll take a closer look at it. :)

Ha...in the end who am I. I am not saying I don't like the sound of the snare. Actually i think it sounds great. It is just to much in the front to me.

cobhc said:
right, here's my mastered version, bass guitar sounds a little loud imo and makes it clip a little bit here and there, but again thats my opinion

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=325ATGIKAT64Q0EDWAFJ5L4YUT

Wow... pretty cool. Yeah, it's clipping big time.... especially considering I already ran a mastering plug. BTW, what did you use? I do like what it did to the snare........

-0z-

oz, can you shoot me another clip without your mastering plug on it? and maybe the bass guitar down a db or two, just curious to see how well i can master it, cos i suck at mastering (almost as much as i suck at mixing :lol: )

Gotta run to work in a minute here.... I'll see what I can do for ya when I get back. In the meantime, send me a private message with your email....

-0z-