MY FIRST ATTEMPT (newby).please comment!(clip inside)

pixy

Telefunken ecc83 NOS
Dec 12, 2005
bucharest
hello everyone. this is my first clip , i recorded it in my practice space with allmost no gear at disposal :D .please comment on it, any advise is welcome.
what I used for this clip was:
- a drum set, a mic(snare mic from a drum mic kitt-i belive is a IMQ stageline), a computer with a sound card a lil better that onboard :D , a guitar with emg's , an Ibanez SM7 smashbox pedal, my head and a behringer cab with stock jensens, miced with same mic that i miced the hole drum kit :) .
i recorded the drum on a stereo track with that mic, the gtrs were doubled, the bass was recorded with the guitar and pitchshifted, and the vocals done in my bedroom with a blancket on the singer :headbang: that's about it. :lol:

-here is the clip: http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U0I5FYLTB7I51W9VAKOBH5BH4

Please care to tellme more about you lack of equipment...

You did a solid job. The OH's sound like they might be compressed a little hard. Was this done in the mix or on the master. Good work.

yeap, it was the head on the picture, it a custom handbuilt by a local enginner, i used a fender twin reverb clean channel schematic and a mesa double rectifier drive schematic with of course a few changes.
vocal mic was a shure sm 58, directly in my shitty comp on board sound card. today i'm heading pratice room to record vocals for a second sample :D.
th OH are overcompressed indeed because they were too loud and the rest of the kit couldnt come out of the mix if i didnt squash the hell out of them.(ps: i have to admit that i put an andy sneap snare sample over the drum track where the snare hits were, to be more present, it was a hard job to manually put them there but it was better at the end)
@chadsxe: what else do you wanna know about the making of this sample?

overall not too bad for what you had to work with. Overall the mix is lacking low end and depth. the vocals could come up a lil. It really isnt bad but since u u cant work with individual drum channels then its a lil hard to go through and fix them. If u added some low end and upped the vox at the beginning then it would improve it a lot. Overall really not that bad

sorry but i didnt shot any pics, but it was a swety experience for my singer :D.
@deathtotaliban. i totally agree on your comments.thanks alot for posting.ill try and tweek some more on the gtr bass track :D and upp the vox a lil.